more....Wacky Modelling ~ In Carrara ~

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,919

I miss the honey in the bear shaped bottles

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited January 18

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I miss the honey in the bear shaped bottles

We still a few types around here, but they're all plastic bottles now; I'm sure we used to have glass ones.

900 x 900 - 566K
    Post edited by wsterdan on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,919

do you have fancy Maple Syrup ones then like moose shaped or something cheeky

edited January 18

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Nope, not that I'm aware of; we do have maple syrup bottles shaped like a maple leaf, though. 

Regarding Winne the Pooh, I live in Winnipeg, which is where Winnie got his name from.

Maple Syrup.png
    1178 x 1502 - 2M
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

I'm a member of the CanadianThunderbird CB Club, well I was in the mid '70's and I was sent a genuine Canadian Maple Leaf which is totally illegal... did I just say that!

Still have it in the photo album along with my membership card wink

My father ( R I P ) did his RAF training in Canada during WWII he was a Hurricane fighter pilot and the strangest thing happened to him over 20 years later after he immigrated to Oz.

Stezza said:

I'm a member of the CanadianThunderbird CB Club, well I was in the mid '70's and I was sent a genuine Canadian Maple Leaf which is totally illegal... did I just say that!

My father ( R I P ) did his RAF training in Canada during WWII he was a Hurricane fighter pilot and the strangest thing happened to him over 20 years later after he immigrated to Oz.

Great, I have to shut down for the night and I'm going to be wide awake, wondering what that strangest thing was... laugh

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,798

wsterdan said:

Stezza said:

Great, I have to shut down for the night and I'm going to be wide awake, wondering what that strangest thing was... laugh

Was shot down by a UFO piloted by a Drop Bear ? devil

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited January 18

Thought some Oz folks might get a chuckle.

australians.png
    595 x 497 - 212K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Bunyip02 said:

wsterdan said:

Stezza said:

Was shot down by a UFO piloted by a Drop Bear ? devil

I thought of that, but that's probably the second strangest thing that happened to him... 

Dad had his share of foo fighters but besides flying the Hurricane he also flew the black Lysander dropping off and picking up spies from behind enemy lines during the night.

But his training which he loved was done in Canada in 1941 where he spent the coldest winter he ever experienced. The pilots were billeted out to local families during his time there.  The family he was billeted with was a Canadian family with a a young family. It was around 1958 in Australia when the strangest thing happened....

to be continued...

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,998

WendyLuvsCatz said:

ed3D said:

Nice Buckets     ~.~

beyond the pale (sic) yes 

yeah ,   it  is    +    heart 

edited January 20

want to waste a wacky minute?

Cactus plant modelled and boned from a cube and even animated it... wacky stuff this!

Cactus.png
    800 x 600 - 596K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Fun stuff! Loved the Apteryx and ants, we just need a matching ant eater... and maybe clams. laugh

As always, thanks for brightening our days.

you'd never guess what came out of the cube the other day lol... yes

Dad was the eldest of four and during his stay with the Canadian family he fitted right into the family life whilst staying there. He did chores around the house and had a hand in bringing up the family children when time allowed. He was probably thought of being that uncle from far away and playing with the children took his mind off the war that was in full swing back in England and he thought often of his young siblings during his time away in training. It was around six months of training he did in Ontario before being shipped back to England but he never forgot the kindness and good times he spent in Canada with that family he had whilst away from his own.

to be continued...

Stezza said:

you'd never guess what came out of the cube the other day lol... yes

smiley 

edited January 22

the Carrara Cube has been busy the last few days...

Clams morphed and an ant eater boned and morphed laugh

Clams.png
    800 x 600 - 417K
    Post edited by Stezza on

So after being shipped back to England Dad joined the war effort flying the Hurricane and doing covert operations in a Lysander dropping off and picking up spies from beyond the enemy lines. He also went awol a few times to catch up with my mum. After the war he did several jobs but was never satisfied and was restless and had an oppurtunity to get to the land downunder with his wife and then four kids in tow. Leaving behind a life of butchering, landscaping and then fabric making for the Queen Elizabeth to start a new life... little did he know what was to happen

to be continued...

edited January 22

Stezza said:

the Carrara Cube has been busy the last few days...

Clams morphed and an ant eater boned and morphed laugh

CLAMS GOT LEGS!!! laugh

Johnny Hart would love this! Well done! 

edited January 22

wsterdan said:

CLAMS GOT LEGS!!! laugh

lol

that's what I said on my first test render laugh

That feeling you get.png
    800 x 600 - 943K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Dad had the choice of moving to either Canada or Australia and in 1954 the family decided Australia was the warmest place to go between the two. Back then the country was young and rugged and dad started work with a building company which required long trips down the coast to work. It was around 1958 or so when on one of his work trips down the coast he picked up a hitchhiker, it was pretty safe back then to do so, the young lad was on a holiday adventure and a conversation was struck up almost immediately

to be continued...

edited January 25

the Carrara cube annoyed the Poser Runtime the other day!

modelled, boned and morphed the cube into Andy and then also modelled the glass of beer and rolled up newspaper.. smiley

Andy.png
    800 x 600 - 587K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Diomede said:

Thought some Oz folks might get a chuckle.

yep the spiders are big!

caught one inside and let it go outside to run away into the scrub... it would of had a fulfilling life if it wasn't for the magpie that swooped down and ate it! surprise 

wsterdan said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Nope, not that I'm aware of; we do have maple syrup bottles shaped like a maple leaf, though. 

Regarding Winne the Pooh, I live in Winnipeg, which is where Winnie got his name from.

interesting stuff hey, but the bear I modelled isn't Winnie but the bear before it became Winnie which was........ ????? devil 

Stezza said:

wsterdan said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

interesting stuff hey, but the bear I modelled isn't Winnie but the bear before it became Winnie which was........ ????? devil 

Growler? 

edited January 25

smiley

Growler.png
    640 x 480 - 344K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Dad noticed the young lads accent straight away as did the hitchhiker notice dad's broad Lancashire drowl..two people a long way from their ancestral homes.. 'What part of Canada are you from' enquired dad... 'Ontario', replied the young traveller. 
    'Oh, wow, Ontario was where I did my RAF training' replied dad. 'Really', the young traveller replied..'My parents were involved with the pilot training back during the war'. 
    'What a small world we live in' dad replied as both continued to converse excitingly about something they had in common. 

to be continued...

I love where the story's going. Still, it *would* have been neat if the young lad had been an extraterrestrial pilot...

edited January 27

six years ago I modelled the Crimson Haybailer

thought the time had come that the cube should be transformed into the Red Max boned and morphed smiley

Red Max.png
    640 x 480 - 183K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited January 28

someone asked about a maypole

never seen one but did a quick model of one from a cylinder and poly line smiley

it's in the zip for you to do whatever it is you do with maypoles surprise

MayPole.png
    800 x 600 - 768K
    zip
    zip
    MayPole.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on

The conversation had gotten around to where Dad stayed whilst in Canada, describing the area and house and how he would play with the kids after dinner. The young hitchhiker also talked about how his parents told him of the airforce pilot who stayed with them and how he fitted right into life whilst there. This got dad thinking, and looked at the young hitchiker and asked him his name.. 
    The young fella replied with his name and dad asked him his mum and dad's name. Dad pulled over and looked at the young Canadian person he picked up hitchiking on a south coast highway in New South Wales Australia and said to him 'You are the young kid I used to play games with after dinner!'

What are the chances that something like this would happen... 

the End