Genesis 9 Morphs to Genesis 8 Female when?

BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 128
edited October 2023 in Product Suggestions

Anyone know if we will be getting something like [a Genesis 9 Morphs to Genesis 8 Female transfer] this anytime soon?  I wouldn't mind having some Gen 9 characters I am seeing converted back to Genesis 8 Female.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Moved to Product Suggestion as it is not a Daz Studio application topic.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Plenty of shape and morph converters to move your G8 items to G9. This way you don't have to deal with any warping or distortion from autofit issues when autofitting G9 clo9thing to G8

• FSMCDesigns said:

Plenty of shape and morph converters to move your G8 items to G9. This way you don't have to deal with any warping or distortion from autofit issues when autofitting G9 clo9thing to G8

I can't use G9. I do NSFW artwork and my custom characters don't convert right, unfortunately.  I think it has to do with the idea of Gen 9 being a UNI mesh and not having female and male bodies being separate.  Hopefully Gen 10 goes back to having separate bodies cause its sort of hurting NSFW artists to upgrade. 

ArtofGohan said:

FSMCDesigns said:

I can't use G9. I do NSFW artwork and my custom characters don't convert right, unfortunately.  I think it has to do with the idea of Gen 9 being a UNI mesh and not having female and male bodies being separate.  Hopefully Gen 10 goes back to having separate bodies cause its sort of hurting NSFW artists to upgrade. 

Not sure what the issue is, but I do mostly NSFW images also and use G9 all the time. I have several custom G8 full body morphs that I use most of the time and with the ManFriday converter, was able to transfer all of them over to G9, so which figure I use depends on what skin UV I want to use and what little clothing or heels I want to use.

• FSMCDesigns said:

ArtofGohan said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Not sure what the issue is, but I do mostly NSFW images also and use G9 all the time. I have several custom G8 full body morphs that I use most of the time and with the ManFriday converter, was able to transfer all of them over to G9, so which figure I use depends on what skin UV I want to use and what little clothing or heels I want to use.

Well i tried Sickleyields and it didn't covert them right at all to where they kept either being all screwed up or not looking right.  Reason being is the models im trying to convert were taller than the gen 9 and also their chest areas are way bigger so it screws up the conversion process.  If there was a better way to convert them, I would do it in heartbeat. 

try the ManFriday converter. If you don't like the results, you can easily get a refund https://www.daz3d.com/figure-converter-for-genesis-9

here is one of my custom G8 figures converted to G9 as an example. Since I have the same figure shape in both G8 and G9, i can use whatever clothing, hair, heels, jewelry or even skin without having to worry about converting or autofit issues

customfigure.jpg
    1028 x 837 - 142K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,835
    Follow the ManFriday converter with Shape Rigger Plus for G9, and conversion be easy and pretty accurate. The ManFriday converter has problems with G3 to G9, but G8 to G9 has worked well for me.
  • BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 128
    edited November 2023

Yeah ManFriday's works very well thank you guys.  [Frustrating]I can't use Breastacular cause it only has morphs that in the geograft and not compatible with other morphs.  Hopefully Meipe will be fixing that with a soon update and that won't be happening anymore.  I know there are many upset that is happening with that new version.  Other than that, I just need skin builder 9 and I think I literally can convert all my models.  Could use Breast Utilities 2 made for G9 but I am sure Soto is on that as we speak.  Thank you guys.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on