multiable videocards

i am thinking about sliing two 960s gtx o was wondering if  you could tell the diffrence with  more then one? if so whats the benifits if not why? if sit helps what does it do that two can do one cant ect?

Comments

• SoneSone Posts: 84

SLI benefits gaming not iRAY. However, not configured in SLI via driver settings iRAY will see two and utilize both graphic cards and use them to render. It is faster because it has two cuda core gpu's crunching away at the same time, therefor faster renders. Hope that helps explaining it in its basics.

• how do i make sure i do that?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited November 2015

Just install both cards. Don't install the SLI bridge. Make sure your drivers are up-to-date.

I know 355.98 drivers work with IRAY; some gaming releases may not. 355.98 is only a few weeks old.

Get GPUz. It is helpful to monitor the cards. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ You can select which card to check and the different tabs allow one to monitor current temperature and memory usage, as well as basic card info.

EDIT

Oh, and if you have drivers that work, but new ones don't then you can try rolling back the drivers; it's done from device manager: if you need assistance, just google or ask. :)

Post edited by nicstt on