CMS Issues (At a loss :c )

Ok, I usually don't hang around forums. At all. Blame my antisocial complex. 

But recently, I've been having issues with Daz's CMS (Content Manager Service). My categories and content in general got broken badly (thumbnails displaying yellow "!" and such, along with extreme slowdowns) and I read something about rebuilding databases and such. Long story short, CMS was removed and -refuses- to ever work again. This morning I formatted and rolled back to Windows 8 (Win10 had far too many issues to my liking), reinstalled Daz and everything else from scratch...and the content service STILL doesn't work. Reimporting metadata in Daz leaves smart content still empty. So I'm kinda out of options. Any suggestions aside from the usual reinstalling, start/stopping the service (it doesn't exist) or deleting databases (they also don't exist)? I appreaciate any possible help or suggestion. :(

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Did you install "PostgreSQL CMS"?  Unless you use Zone Alarm, it's a lot more stable (and faster) than the old Valentina CMS (and I don't think DS4.8 installs Valentina at all).

• Hmm...tried installing just x64 PostgreSQL. Now it finds -some- items. There's a massive spam of errors in the log file though, a lot of them related to database...I'll try again tomorrow.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

When you get back to it, post some of the errors in the log.

• Ok, tested it again. As before, it doesn't display any real errors (mostly a bunch of iray-related plugin errors), until I try to reimport metadata. Then it gives me some weird stuff. Yesterday, it kept giving me a database error related to Valentina CMS (which wasn't even installed), but today, it gives me 

"Creating Asset Manager...
    Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit
    Creating Authentication Manager...
    *** Scene Cleared ***"

Then it loads plugins, followed by lines like these:

"Iray INFO - module:category(PLUG:PLUGIN):   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Attempting to load library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\dds.dll".

Iray INFO - module:category(FREIMG:IMAGE):   1.1   FREIMG img  info : fi_cut (build 231000.11582, 29 Apr 2015) initialized"

And this warning which is...odd.

"WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray WARNING - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend warn : There is no GPU available to the iray renderer."

Then it moves on and loads normally:

"WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.
    Creating Main Window...
    Creating Viewport Manager...
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport1.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport2.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport3.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport4.
    Creating Action Manager...
    Creating Pane Manager...
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for AuxViewportView.
    WARNING: QFile::flush: No file engine. Is IODevice open?
    Executing startup script...
    Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    DAZ Studio Started
    Creating Pixel Buffer
    Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024
    Compiling OpenGL Shader...
    Fragment Shader:
    Fragment Shader compiled successfully.
    Linking Shader:
    Shader Program successfully linked."

After that, there's a load of assets that weren't found (probably because Daz is installed in C:\, but my content folder is in D:\ and that wasn't formatted, just pointed to it on manual Daz install). Lastly, after reimporting, it gives me those:

"WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: "REINDEX DATABASE "Content";" , 300000 
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 7 unknown for QWidget)"

So yeah, I have no idea. Yesterday's gazillion errors seemed to vanish after I removed Valentina. But it still only detects about 1/10th of what's in the library. Might have to kill that folder and download everything again, as scary as that sounds to me. -_-

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

Did you install "PostgreSQL CMS"?  Unless you use Zone Alarm, it's a lot more stable (and faster) than the old Valentina CMS (and I don't think DS4.8 installs Valentina at all).

Don't forget to run the Valentina conversion.