LAMH: Not sure what to do...

I picked up the full version of LAMH and I got Wolf 2.0. I created a wolf and have the green guides. I'm posed up and ready to go. I hit 'To OBJ', I get the dialogue shown in the tutorial but when I hit okay, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong here?

Comments

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,333

Make sure you wait long enough!  Depending on your machine it could take ten minutes or more!  I got impatient after hitting 'to object' and was refreshing the directory where it was writing to see the 0 kb file and was thinking it wasn't working for me, just like every other time.  But I waited, and waited some more and not one, but THREE files were being written one at a time.  Eventually it worked for me and I was VERY happy with the results!  (See attached - Iray render using .obj converted wolf 2.)  Watch the video on the Wolf 2 product page and be patient. Good luck!

FS_WolfWood_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 473K
  • Hey! Thank you very much! That 100% worked. I guess I was impatient. I don't know what I did wrong the first time but I tried it again and it happened pretty fast. On my machine, it takes about 2 minutes. Not too shabby!

I appreciate your response :)

• I've done the same thing as Dark Repast.. I love wolves too. :)  Anyways, the LAMH tab wouldn't open from right clicking but I did manage to open it from windows/pane/lamh

Then I do the "to obj" and go through that .. then I turn off the green thingies and hit render and it keeps crashing on me.. :9

• I've done the same thing as Dark Repast.. I love wolves too. :)  Anyways, the LAMH tab wouldn't open from right clicking but I did manage to open it from windows/pane/lamh

Then I do the "to obj" and go through that .. then I turn off the green thingies and hit render and it keeps crashing on me.. :9

If it crashes when hitting render, it may be that your computer resources are limited and the amount of data cannot be processed. What are your computer specs? Does the crash happen immediately or some time after the render button click?

If it crashes when hitting render, it may be that your computer resources are limited and the amount of data cannot be processed. What are your computer specs? Does the crash happen immediately or some time after the render button click?

Intel core I7 3.4 gHz 3.7ghz  64 bit

16 GB RAM and Using NVidea GeForce GTX 750..

All the latest bells and whistles on this end..

I'll keep trying.. (grrr) thanks :)

Intel core I7 3.4 gHz 3.7ghz  64 bit

16 GB RAM and Using NVidea GeForce GTX 750..

All the latest bells and whistles on this end..

I'll keep trying.. (grrr) thanks :)

Well, the hardware is indeed very good.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,581
    Gogger said:

Make sure you wait long enough!  Depending on your machine it could take ten minutes or more!  I got impatient after hitting 'to object' and was refreshing the directory where it was writing to see the 0 kb file and was thinking it wasn't working for me, just like every other time.  But I waited, and waited some more and not one, but THREE files were being written one at a time.  Eventually it worked for me and I was VERY happy with the results!  (See attached - Iray render using .obj converted wolf 2.)  Watch the video on the Wolf 2 product page and be patient. Good luck!

Awesome!

- Greg