Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,222
    Sometimes it is necessary to stop Iray Preview and restart it to get things to update. I don't know if that is considered a bug or not.
  • cariblk12cariblk12 Posts: 0

Hi I am trying to install the new daz version and its stuck. I cant install it and i have been trying all day. I have tried reinstalling 5 times and just not working!!!

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,577

barbult said:

Sometimes it is necessary to stop Iray Preview and restart it to get things to update. I don't know if that is considered a bug or not.

Toggling the visibility of nodes seems like pretty basic funtionality. If coding it is complicated because of the way that DS/Iray prepares/loads data into VRAM or something, then maybe DS could "refresh" on its own when users toggle the visibility of a node (rather than users having to switch modes and then switch back manually).

- Greg

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,252

cariblk12 said:

Hi I am trying to install the new daz version and its stuck. I cant install it and i have been trying all day. I have tried reinstalling 5 times and just not working!!!

DIM or stand-alone? Error messages? Operating system? Do you get a security prompt asking if it is OK to allow the installation?

• Mistress ElementalMistress Elemental Posts: 23
    edited March 19

Is anyone else having a problem with the Timeline and making any changes to the paramter keys on the key graph? As soon as I try to click any of the keys for a paramter, Daz and everything on screen "appears" to freeze but I have since learned that if I press CTRL-ATL-DEL and then cancel out of the windows pop up, daz works again, but I have found that if I had done any further clicking before doing the CTRL-ATL-DEL thing, all those clicks seemed to have actually happened so things can get really screwed up even if you did not see it all happen. It seems to me the interface appears to freeze but does not actually freeze, but not too sure. This solution has allowed me to painfully make single key changes one at a time and VERY slowly, but its a GIANT pain in the rear. Plus, if I need to select more than 1 key, or all of them, it does not seem possible, at least I cant find any way around this problem yet. It's been doing this ever since the first update of 4.22 when all the major bugs got introduced. I REALLY wish I could go back to 4.21 without having to jump through huge hoops, but they make that so very hard. I am trying to use that new Heat animation plugin, and while it works, unless I can adjust all the keys for a certain parameter, its pretty useless.

EDIT: So this may not be a specific problem to Daz. I remembered that I still had 4.21 installed on my laptop, so as a test, I backed up the 4.22 install and copied over 4.21 to my main system. Loaded my scene and the issue still seems to be here, so it may be a Nivida driver issue? Not sure what else it could be since it only happens with Daz. Going to try a few different driver versions I guess.

EDIT 2: Well, solved my problem I guess. I tried installing the latest Nvidia Studio driver instead of the game ready driver and rebooted, now its working as it should on 4.21. I have not tried on 4.22, but now that I am back to 4.21, going to stay there because of the many other bugs for the time being.

Post edited by Mistress Elemental on
  • blackdowgblackdowg Posts: 9

why do I always end up with a white screen every time I upgrade Daz studio.  how do I fix it.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,972

blackdowg said:

why do I always end up with a white screen every time I upgrade Daz studio.  how do I fix it.

Make sure Daz Studio isn't running when installing the update (check task manager to make sure).

DoctorJellybean said:

blackdowg said:

Make sure Daz Studio isn't running when installing the update (check task manager to make sure).

If it happens often that suggests you may hae something, probably a third-party plug-in, making the shut down slow. Dion't force quit, though, as that may well cause problems of its own.

• greywolfgreywolf Posts: 34
    edited March 22

Renders do not crash for me but sometime post-render after I save the render, the UI dialogs/menus become unresponsive, I cannot save/save-as, and eventually the UI crashes.  I cannot restart the UI without going into the Task Manager and killing the DAZ3D background ghost that's just sitting there spinning its wheels and doing bugger-all, who knows what.  If I'm having problems like this, I'm sure other more advanced, involved users are having many, many other similar triggers.

This does not seem to be related to OOT hair as posited earlier, although I have not managed to isolate the precise conditions for this trigger.

This never happened with 4.21.

SYSTEM:
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU
    128GB RAM
    Wndows 10 22H2 build 19045.4170

DAZ:

Eagerly awaiting a fix.  Meanwhile, is there a simply written how-to to get back to 4.21?

Post edited by greywolf on

greywolf said:

Renders do not crash for me but sometime post-render after I save the render, the UI dialogs/menus become unresponsive, I cannot save/save-as, and eventually the UI crashes.  I cannot restart the UI without going into the Task Manager and killing the DAZ3D background ghost that's just sitting there spinning its wheels and doing bugger-all, who knows what.  If I'm having problems like this, I'm sure other more advanced, involved users are having many, many other similar triggers.

This does not seem to be related to OOT hair as posited earlier, although I have not managed to isolate the precise conditions for this trigger.

This never happened with 4.21.

SYSTEM:
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU
    128GB RAM
    Wndows 10 22H2 build 19045.4170

DAZ:

Eagerly awaiting a fix.

Do you have the HEAT plugin installed?

edited March 22

DoctorJellybean said:

Eagerly awaiting a fix.

Do you have the HEAT plugin installed?

I just uninstalled it and DAZ is behaving!  so it is not DAZ, it is HEAT.

My sincere apologies -- I was completely wrong.

["HEAT seemed like a good idea at the time..."]

Thank you!

Post edited by greywolf on

To add to my last kvetches, I want to say that the wireframe modes seem to work a whole lot better than they used to; I don't know whether to credit the drivers or the software -- perhaps both! -- but I'm happy either way.  I also feel like I can get a whole lot more going on screen with 4.22.  I haven't hit the OOT hair bug yet...

• Why is my Daz version 4.9?  Does that mean I'm using an earlier version (and, if so, why the heck is the numbering so crazy?)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,061
    edited April 8

mike_f587c5eb66 said:

Why is my Daz version 4.9?  Does that mean I'm using an earlier version (and, if so, why the heck is the numbering so crazy?)

4.9 is a very old version from many years ago.

Numbering is pretty straightforward once you realize version number is not a decimal number but a set of individual numbers separated by a dot:
    <major version number>.<minor version number>

You add patch number and build number when using the full format with 4 numbers.

4.9 is "minor version 9 of DS4", while 4.22 is "minor version 22 of DS4", so 4.22 is more recent.

Post edited by Leana on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

Leana said:

mike_f587c5eb66 said:

Why is my Daz version 4.9?  Does that mean I'm using an earlier version (and, if so, why the heck is the numbering so crazy?)

Numbering is pretty straightforward once you realize version number is not a decimal number but a set of individual numbers separated by a dot:

You add patch number and build number when using the full format with 4 numbers.

4.9 is "minor version 9 of DS4", while 4.22 is "minor version 22 of DS4", so 4.22 is more recent.

Why do things have to be so confusing to the normal everyday person who doesn't deal with this kind of stuff on a daily basis with a lot of software or beta of software? This is most definitely not a Daz thing, I'm betting it's the same for every software developer. Seems like the entire tech world likes to confuse us to keep everyone on their toes.

frank0314 said:

Leana said:

mike_f587c5eb66 said:

Why do things have to be so confusing to the normal everyday person who doesn't deal with this kind of stuff on a daily basis with a lot of software or beta of software? This is most definitely not a Daz thing, I'm betting it's the same for every software developer. Seems like the entire tech world likes to confuse us to keep everyone on their toes.

The main thing is to try not to abbreviate it - seeing a full number, or approximation (4.22.0.x) makes it clear that it isn't a decimal. The structure does convey useful information.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,802

Just see what Blender did...  DS 4.9 should've been 4.09...

crosswind said:

4.9.x.x would not be confusing, it's just that people abbreviate it (including some comments and posts from Daz, of course, and certainly I sometimes get careless)

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,802

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

4.9.x.x would not be confusing, it's just that people abbreviate it (including some comments and posts from Daz, of course, and certainly I sometimes get careless)

Understood... only I used to be confused for a period of time when I was a newbie to DS, lol ~

• doydoy Posts: 6

operating system : WIN7
    graphics card : NVIDIA QUADRO P620
    Daz Studio 4.22.016
    The rendering model becomes red
    How to solve
    Thanks
    [img]https://upload.cc/i1/2024/04/14/QofBca.png[/img]

doy said:

Daz Studio 4.22.016
    How to solve
    Thanks

Is that Iray, or Filament?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,559

doy said:

Daz Studio 4.22.016
    How to solve
    Thanks

I am 99.95% sure that one cannot find drivers for your GPU that work in W7 and DS 4.22.0.16 for Iray rendering 

• GrandmaPaulaGrandmaPaula Posts: 72
    edited April 17

I keep trying to download Daz Studio but theres nothing to click on to start the download of the DIM.

what do I do?

I tried  clicking on the Windows icon and its not clickable.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 074458.png
    1233 x 880 - 414K
    Post edited by GrandmaPaula on

GrandmaPaula said:

I keep trying to download Daz Studio but theres nothing to click on to start the download of the DIM.

what do I do?

I tried  clicking on the Windows icon and its not clickable.

Try this page and the Free Download button

https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 511

I run Daz 4.22 on Windows 11 64-bit, Nvdia RTX 3060 with 12 GB VRAM and often Daz is not responding. And it takes ages to clear a scene. HEAT is not installed.

alienarea said:

I run Daz 4.22 on Windows 11 64-bit, Nvdia RTX 3060 with 12 GB VRAM and often Daz is not responding. And it takes ages to clear a scene. HEAT is not installed.

Scene clearing can be slow, though it does seem to vary from system to system (for waht it is worth I suffer pretty slow clearing, though it may have improved a bit recently). What, if anything, is it doing when it is unresponsive? Resolving the chain of dependencies after adjusting a pose can take a while, and updating Smoothign modifiers can be very slow. Loading morph deltas (the actual shape change, which isn't loaded initially), especially HD morphs, can take a while though again it seems to be system dependent.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551

Scene clearing is definitely a set back (it's why I keep my General Release on an older version that doesn't suffer from this). What used to take all of 5-6 seconds now takes nearly a minute (from deleting the scene itself and then the process of Studio closing down). I'd certainly like to know the reason behind it, because my workflow has taken a hit as a result.

Visuimag said:

Scene clearing is definitely a set back (it's why I keep my General Release on an older version that doesn't suffer from this). What used to take all of 5-6 seconds now takes nearly a minute (from deleting the scene itself and then the process of Studio closing down). I'd certainly like to know the reason behind it, because my workflow has taken a hit as a result.

If you are looking at shut-down rather than File>New don't forget that DS used to do a lot of clean-up in the background, after closing the main window, but now it keeps the window up until near the end.

• aograiaograi Posts: 647

Ah and it starts to get sluggish albiet its initial speed of creating scenes. It is so tiring to keep closing the program and to restart where you left off. Scene clearance is another issue and render has also become an issue for me when I leave my machine to do somethingelse - there is a message that keeps saying there was an error! Could not save r.png? 

alienarea said:

• I finally broke down and got a copy of 4.22.0.16, and it's missing like half of the program, several of the Tabs just don't exist (Content Library for one) there's no option for creating 3D primitives, and the only Render Engine options are "Multi-pass OpenGL" and "Viewport". Thanks to a long-standing video-card problem, I did have to disable the Plugins directory in order to start the program at all, is that where they all are now? I was using 4.12 before this, and boy, I'm glad I saved off a copy before trying 4.22.

Or is there some better place I should be posting this?