'Lock' a Camera View?

HI

Is it possible to lock a camera so you can't move it or change it's view without having to manually check/uncheck something?  I thought it might have been the Display Persistance box, but that didn't do it.  I ask because I will set a specific camera to be the main Scene view I want for the scene, and then use the perspective view to move around and change things.  However, I often forget to change the cameras and end up moving the main Scene camera and have to change it all back and try to get it right back to the exact spot again, which can sometimes be a bit of a pain.  Locking the camera so it can't be moved would be awesome and help me stop myself from being an idiot!

Any ideas?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

Select the camera and go to the Parameters pane, and click the lock icon on the translations and rotations.

• Select the camera and go to the Parameters pane, and click the lock icon on the translations and rotations.

Hahahaha.... I knew it would be something simple that I just wasn't seeing.  Thanks!  You just saved me a lot of very frustrating work!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Another useful tip, is to go to the scene tab, under the S heading are pointers (arrows) clicking those toggles on and off the ability to select or not the camera in the viewport.