New Animation. "Disinformation". Cyberpunk Dystopia. (SciFiFunk 16)

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited November 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hi there!

I hope you can take a little time out to see my latest animation called "Disinformation".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbqh_iGdoUU&list=PL7CED8E0AE0E9CE07

In the future both mobile communications and open information are  not permitted.

Instead the public are invited to attend public libraries situated well out of the ordinary persons reach.

Most information is censored so actually learning anything useful is unlikely and dangerous!   

Enjoy this latest attempt of Steve Malore to "fit in" to this future world he never imagined he'd be part of.

more at 
https://www.facebook.com/scififunk

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Very nice, that is one tough library staff.  Reminds me of Yossarian in "Catch 22", assigned to censor servicemens's letters home while in the hospital:  "He reached a much higher plane of creativity the following day when he blacked out everything in the letters but a, an and the."  More here:

http://grammar.about.com/od/shortpassagesforanalysis/a/hellercatch22.htm

Some of those scenes are really big ...

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Hi Steve.

Thanks man. You don't cross "The system" ;-) Re: Catch 22 - I read some of it. So paranoia got the better of him? Is this where we are headed? 

Yes I was really pleased when I created that large library hall. It's great to revisit the scene and finally get to animate in it years later. :)

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Need to dig out my headphones (no speakers...soon though!) and will watch and listen tomorrow.

Thank you for posting it... I always enjoy your episodes.

smiley SIleneUK

Nice one Silene!

Let me know what you think. Who do you trust in this series? Anyone?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

So, could be the spiv is a dissembler out to trick Steve-- or if he's genuine, why would he not assume Steve is the bait in a sting operation? I think that kind of society would breed people that don't naturally talk to others for fear of being "grassed up"

Oh, and that robot needs to fine itself 100 credits for noise violation! wink

Nice to see that chair animated after your vid of cutting it out from the background model.

Tango - Ha ha - you made me lol with the Robot and his own noise violation.

re: Chair - very satisfying as an animator to "bring props to life". :)

re: Plot. Loving your paranoia. I think you are my "ideal audience" ;-)

edited November 2015

Thanks, Steve... the quality of the video, and the characters' facial expressions/speech are great. But the level of quality in the scenes is amazing. The library interior was WOW!

OK, I thought the chappie in the toilets (you called it a restroom like the US?) was the one who got re-programmed by the drone that popped in. Or was it you? 

I went back to the previous episode, the fight in the old warehouse at the trading estate... trying to pick up on the continuaton of your mission, which I had hoped would have given more clues as to the purpose of using the dreaded library... but ended up just enjoying watching the kick-a** action (and the strutting as you did after getting a wardrobe makeover) Love that!  What did you expect to find at the warehouse that then sent you to the library?

Strangely... I have a friend who wrote a story that included something like this (I was just proof reading for her). Her characters would not use the govt library or their Ipads (only 50 years in the future). They found old copies of reports and newspaper articles buried in the walls of an attic of a derelict relative's house about the early days of the govt's architecture for controlling information. They carefully wrote all of this down with old biro pens on valued aged paper, not trusting to store their precious notes on their personal ID electronic slates that everyone knew were monitored. 

Government access to our internet searches is with us now courtesy of our ISPs. The mind boggles.

More episodes please!

yessmiley SileneUK

Post edited by SileneUK on
    edited November 2015

SileneUK - excellent reply, an enjoyable read. :)

Soooo how does 16 relate to 15?

The link is given at the very start when the intro credits are rolling. ... He didnt find out about Cryrosimetics back at the warehouse (no trapdoor or something), so he tries to find out about them at the Library. :)

We find out that hes "one of them", "chipped up" - whatever that means ;-)

A day off today - then we get on with 17.. This one is huge and took a lot of time to create the main set.

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

So YOU have the chip... and didn't know it?  Got that wrong. But then again you have traits/abilities you didn't know about (kickboxing).  I was just wondering how/why you went from the warehouse to the library. Had to know it wouldn't be "public", but it is all part of the plot! Looking forward to more...soon.

Enjoy your day off.

wink SIleneUK

Yes the main character is "chipped up", can kickbox and is trying to find out what on earth to do in this nighmare future. I would like to think we'll have 17 out in one months time, it's not going to be easy ......

Thanks. I'm choosing to spend my day off at the PC..... oh boy. ... :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Awesome!

I sure feel sorry for the folks of the future!

Good job we live today!