Question on model sizes and how they relate to the world.

Widdershins StudioWiddershins Studio Posts: 539
edited November 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

I did a bit of searching but couldn't really find anything yet.

Firstly, how does an object's x,y & z translation relate to world scale measurements ? I mean is a transition of say 100 equal to a 100mm or something like that ?

Also is it possible using script to get the world size of a model ? I know how to get the translation, but I need to know say how wide a cube is.

In my scipt I want to move a model a certain distance based on it's dimensions.

Thanks for any pointers :)

Post edited by Widdershins Studio on

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

Default units are in CM. So an X translation of 100 would be 1 meter or 100 CM.

Not sure on the rest...

• Measure Met5rics, http://www.daz3d.com/measure-metrics-for-daz-studio , is the most complete way to get sizes and angles but there are at least a couple of scripts that will size the bouinding box - or you can use the Align pane to place a primitive left and right, top and bottom, or front and back of the item and subtract the translations.

• Default units are in CM. So an X translation of 100 would be 1 meter or 100 CM.

Not sure on the rest...

Measure Met5rics, http://www.daz3d.com/measure-metrics-for-daz-studio , is the most complete way to get sizes and angles but there are at least a couple of scripts that will size the bouinding box - or you can use the Align pane to place a primitive left and right, top and bottom, or front and back of the item and subtract the translations.

Thanks Richard. I need to distribute my script so am most interested in the scripts you mention - I don't suppose you have some links handy to them ?

Cheers.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I recently put a request in the bug tracker asking that the Scene Info pane (which shows the number of polygons) be updated to include figure/object size. The request got an usually enthusiastic response from the dev team, and a promise to implement it in a future build.

No use to you right now, but at some point, there may be an easy way to see sizes in DS.

mac

• Thanks Mac, that indeed would be useful.