Installing Genesis content

I've just started using my Genisis models, so I downloaded some free stuff but I can't figure out how to install it. 

I haven't used Daz in a while and jsut recently started again so I am assuming things have changed.

I have an external Runtime folder that I keep my freebies in. So, I  used to just look for the Runtime folder and copy it into mine. But all of the stuff I downloded for Genesis has no Runtime folder, just "My Library" or "Data". Not sure what to do these?

Help please. :)

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925

You have to install them into My Library or My DAZ3D Library and make sure you have Poser and DS listed in your content manager. Are you using DIM to install these packs. DIM will put the stuff exactly where its suppose to go.

• Slms34Slms34 Posts: 75
    frank0314 said:

You have to install them into My Library or My DAZ3D Library and make sure you have Poser and DS listed in your content manager. Are you using DIM to install these packs. DIM will put the stuff exactly where its suppose to go.

I was under the impression that you needed to load free stuff manually. Can you load it with the DIM? I'm new to useing that so I dont' know all it can do.

edited November 2015

If you got it from the Daz store then you can use DIM. Outside of Daz you will need to do it manually. You will probably have to extract to a temp folder and move the files by hand. Within teh My Library is a runtime folder that you can extract to if the zips are set up that way.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    frank0314 said:

If you got it from the Daz store then you can use DIM. Outside of Daz you will need to do it manually. You will probably have to extract to a temp folder and move the files by hand. Within teh My Library is a runtime folder that you can extract to if the zips are set up that way.

Yeah see that's the problem I'm trying to install something made outside of Daz. I got one to load..although I'm not entirely how . lol I will try the rest and see how it goes.

Like I said, if the file paths aren't the same as in your My Library then you will have to move the files yourself. Just extract to a dummy folder. More than likely it is set up in a Runtime file structure unless you got these from ShareCG. If its in a Runtime structure just copy the runtime folder and paste it into My Library and the files in theory should go to the right place. Can you extract to a dummy folder and paste a screen shot of that folder?

frank0314 said:

Like I said, if the file paths aren't the same as in your My Library then you will have to move the files yourself. Just extract to a dummy folder. More than likely it is set up in a Runtime file structure unless you got these from ShareCG. If its in a Runtime structure just copy the runtime folder and paste it into My Library and the files in theory should go to the right place. Can you extract to a dummy folder and paste a screen shot of that folder?

Thanks. I got them to load now. Yes some of these are from Share CG I think. 

The trouble is I have an external "Runtime" folder that I use that to store any free user created content, and load that into Daz through Preferences. It's the only way I knew how to load things manually. But these aren't files aren't set up in that way, so I was lost. But I found the My Library folder in Daz and loaded them directly into Daz. I'll just leave a copy of it all in a folder so I can still keep track of what I have installed.

Thanks. 

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You should still install them to your freebies folder, just drop everything that is the My Library folder of the freebie into the folder that contains the "Runtime" folder and map the freebie folder under DAZ Studio formats.  

jestmart said:

You should still install them to your freebies folder, just drop everything that is the My Library folder of the freebie into the folder that contains the "Runtime" folder and map the freebie folder under DAZ Studio formats.  

Yeah, I will. ;)