Puppeteer tutorial for DS4

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in New Users

Are there any Puppeteer tutorials for DS4? Is there a place to get presets for puppeteer. For example, if I want a Genesis figure to just walk, is there a preset for this? If not is there a tutorial that will show me how to do this?

I bought Animate2 but it is screwy with funny feet because the plugin is not targeted to Genesis, according to the developer.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If I could find the DS3 manual I would point you to it. It explained it very well. I'll look for a link.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited August 2012

It is at this link, at the bottom of the page as a PDF document:

Sorry, that link goes nowhere, I'll leave it to you jaderail

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Actually I am looking for something for DS4. Is there nothing? People often say "it's the same as DS3". But this is often not accurate, at least not for people not already familiar with DS3. For us things looks so different as to be unrecognizable.

edited August 2012

I'll have a look for you, but the Pupeteer tab is the same as the DS3 one, and so is the DS timeline as far as aI know.

Here is the link in the recent documentation, it looks like the DS3 interface to me, but it should be the same for the Pupeteer part at least

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/animating/videos/animation_puppeteer/start

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

I tried this with the presets but could not find how to do normal things like walking and sitting down, things that people do all the time. I have the presets but I can not see how to translate them into normal human movement, only karate kicks and butt wiggling :-).

Is there anyplace where this kind of tutorial can be found? Is there any place where Puppeteer motions have been saved and could be downloaded?

edited December 1969

Well I'll be darned. That is the very same TUT the DS3 manual pointed me to. And YES the Puppeteer is still exactly the same in DS4 as it was in DS3. Any tutorial will work if you can find it.

edited December 1969

The secret to it is the poses you add to it. You need a Starting pose and a End pose for things like sitting. So start with a basic standing pose then add a normal sit pose. When you run between the two it auto makes all the in between poses for you. I never could get my speed right to record to the timeline for animation but with AniMate you could bake to a animate motion and then edit it.

For walking, you would need all the start to end poses that could be smooth. Never tried that one myself.

edited December 1969

This is a very old tut, but it should still be relevant:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/dazstudio/studio-animation03