Any suggestions welcome

I have been looking for a dept store interior, for a computer store, the only one I can find is https://www.daz3d.com/gadget-store ; which I have, but not suitable for me needs. 

Can anyone suggest anything, I have looked everywhere I can think of.

Cheers.

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,760

It would help if you post some examples of what you are looking for. There is this Free Department Store which is quite an old one and is empty so you'd have to fill it with your own props from elsewhere.

• Hey SofaCitizen, Soirry that was an oversight by me, I should have posted an example picture ( see below ), Basically a store with lots of spares, cables etc, etc.

Not a showroom type, like gadget store linked in my above post.

Cheers

johannesburg-south-africa-november-27-2012-empty-inside-interior-of-a-diy-electrical-wholesale-retail-store-2E9EBJ1.jpg
    1300 x 956 - 202K

Ahh, right. Yeah, I don't recall seeing anything like that unfortunately - the pre-filled stores around tend to be clothes or food related ones. The closest I would think would be to grab one of the Convenience Stores as some atleast have the shelves and then fill them with tech props (+instances). Unfortunately, that is a lot of work to fill the shelves :(

• Yeah that was what I was thinking, but I thought asking the forums would get a suggestion that I missed.  It might be that no one has created something like this, and I will need to do it, but as you say lots and lots of work :( 

Well, it's always worth asking incase there is one out there with a strange name that doesn't come up in searches :)

• :)  my thought exactly.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

There was a thread where someone was filling up https://www.daz3d.com/suburban-shopping-mall I believe it was. I just looked through the forum threads but didn't see it. Maybe someone else can find it or knows if it was another mall?

For putting electronic items into a store may I suggest you start with the PA maclean who has not only props like cords/wires... but stuff to display or put them in. Search on gadgets, electrical, electronics, wires, cords, cables, store, shop, ... And do look at some of the clothing stores for display cases or hanging displays hooks... Think of the store as a catalog to order your store's display equipment from and then order the products to sell. Don't forget the storeroom in the back and the check out counter near the front. And then remember to use instances to reduce your computer's load.

Mary

• Memcneil70, A great suggestion, I have had no luck finding a already made store, so the PA you referred to has a great amount or bits and pieces I can you use to build my own, it will take some time though.

Thanks . 

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 950

Here is s free one that may work for you:

https://inlitestudio.com/3d/product/department-store/

• Thanks nabob21, that was already mentioned in a previous post, I have it and am working with through some ideas now.

Cheers