Locker Room

Locker room images.  All objects were modeled by me in Lightwave 3D and imported in DAZ Studio.  Finished for the most part, although I may add a trash can under each hand dryer and add details to the toilet stalls.  Benches by the lockers would be good if I left enough room.

Locker Room A.png
800 x 533 - 573K
Locker Room B.png
800 x 533 - 569K

Comments

• David RDavid R Posts: 214

Very well done.  I think the details you mentioned are necessary.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

It looks good/ I like the overhead light style.

• TheRetiredSailorTheRetiredSailor Posts: 259
    edited November 2023

Thank you for the positive feedback.

David R, a trashcan has been added. Under the hand dryers seemed awkward to me so I set it at the end of the lockers.

Nonesuch00, I worked in IT for a lighting manufacturer.  The fixtures are my version of what we called clouds.  The lens is all that's visible from the outside.

Locker Room - 2023-11-22A 800 x 533.png
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    Locker Room - 2023-11-22B 800 x 533.png
    800 x 533 - 560K
    Post edited by TheRetiredSailor on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

It's very nice looking so far.

A question: what type of locker room is this? I'm asking because it's a bit unusual for that type of locker not to be in a room with benches in front of the lockers -- though I'm not sure where you could put them that wouldn't look a bit cramped. But somewhere to sit down when you change shoes, for example.

• VWRangler, first of all thank you for the compliment on the scene.

Yes, not having a bench is a problem.  Short answer is that I made the room too small.  I'm debating either making the side walls longer to allow for benches or making new lockers.  Searching on the Internet I'm leaning toward the style of lockers shown below.  Measuring in Lightwave, there's 5 feet 2 inches between the sink and the lockers.  Adding a bench to the base of the lockers would still allow room, although not a lot. Image source is http://www.cubiclesolutions.co.za/locker-bench-combination/ .

SARB-1-p2xw98j8ilazveygch1wp29c17qd01j2h7hu7ykmh0.jpg
    300 x 250 - 13K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,842
    edited November 2023

vwrangler said:

It's very nice looking so far.

A question: what type of locker room is this? I'm asking because it's a bit unusual for that type of locker not to be in a room with benches in front of the lockers -- though I'm not sure where you could put them that wouldn't look a bit cramped. But somewhere to sit down when you change shoes, for example.

my work lockerroom had some of the lockers with the bench in front in one section but the section mine was we had plastic chairs we fought over sad so a stack of chairs and some loose ones would not be unusual

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatz, how did people like the bench in front of the locker?  The lockers look to be small width compared to a person sitting in front of them.  Did that create problems with "excuse me, I need in my locker and you're blocking it?"

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,842
    edited November 2023

TheRetiredSailor said:

WendyLuvsCatz, how did people like the bench in front of the locker?  The lockers look to be small width compared to a person sitting in front of them.  Did that create problems with "excuse me, I need in my locker and you're blocking it?"

there were a few disagreements when some sat in front of other's lockers to get dressed and had their bags on the bench, one lady in particular did that 

one of the reasons I grabbed one in the other section wink besides all the witchy ones being that end cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • TheRetiredSailorTheRetiredSailor Posts: 259
    edited November 2023

Several changes here.

1. The size of the room has been expanded in width and depth.

2. The number of lockers have been increased and are now arranged facing each other.

3.  Benches are added.

4.  Sinks are all on one wall.

5.  Toilet stalls now have overhead lights (not really seen other than different color temperature inside the stalls) and two roll toilet paper dispensers. The larger room allows for one more toilet stall.

6.  Light switches inside each door (including toilet stalls but not really visible in my renders).

I'm not totally satisfied with the toilets.  I've attempted modeling a toilet several times over the years and this is the best I have done so far. If you look closely at the toilet stall closeup you can see that the bowl has a chunky look too it. I had hoped that smoothing would work that out but no such luck. With respect to comments I see in the forums, the toilets do have toilet seats!  :) 

The showers remain unchanged other that the towel racks being move over a little bit.

Edited to add:

7.  More "cloud" light fixtures added since the room is bigger.

Locker Room 2023-11-28 Layout 1.png
    533 x 800 - 406K
    Locker Room 2023-11-28 Layout 2.png
    533 x 800 - 372K
    Locker Room 2023-11-28 Lockers.png
    800 x 533 - 570K
    Locker Room 2023-11-28 Toilets Closeup.png
    533 x 800 - 554K
    Locker Room 2023-11-28 Toilets.png
    800 x 533 - 556K
    Post edited by TheRetiredSailor on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

For what it's worth, the toilets look OK to me. And the way you've rearranged the toom to make more space for the locker's and bench looks good.

One suggestion regarding the showers, though: you might want to put a wall up between the showers and the main locker room. Otherwise, anyone walking into the room can easily see into the showers. It doesn't have to have a formal door -- it can just be an opening -- but showers in locker rooms are usually somewhat separated from the main room. Maybe moving the towel bins out -- I think that's what the big wooden things are? -- a bit further, and then you can put one long wall out across the entire shower section, leaving an opening to go from the locker room itself into the showers next to the toilet.(Or, you could reorient the towel bins so that their backs were against the new wall.) I hope what I mean there is clear; it's a bit hard to describe.

Hope this is helpful.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

For the number of lockers there are, there are a paucity of toilets & showers. It still works though, so don't take my suggestions to seriously.

I would move the toilets to the opposite side of the room for the entire length, extend the showers for the entire length and then have the lockers & benches be running parallel between the row of showers / toilets with wide open doors on both sides of the locker, so you are turning that room into a bay, more or less. It works too, it you have doors on both sides of the rows of lockers too, double doors probably. Put sinks, trash, & hampers on both sides of the bay / double doors.