Roll back to 4.21 ?? Too many bugs in 4.22!

Can you roll back from 4.22 to 4.21 untill you sort out the bugs. Or at least gives us the opton of intalling previous versions? Why do we continually have to be at the mercy of these upgrades

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

Always remember to backup installation packages of previous version(s) before upgrade...

• thanks for that, huge help

• I agree. How dare DAZ release 4.22 with so many bugs. What happened to alpha and beta testing. I can't even get a NVidia in my viewport. I am at a stand still. Can we do a class action lawsuit. This is complete incompetence.

If anyone knows how I can revert back to 4.21 I would sincerely appreciate it. Daz tech support takes months to get back to you.

• tomsfo1 said:

I agree. How dare DAZ release 4.22 with so many bugs. What happened to alpha and beta testing. I can't even get a NVidia in my viewport. I am at a stand still. Can we do a class action lawsuit. This is complete incompetence.

If anyone knows how I can revert back to 4.21 I would sincerely appreciate it. Daz tech support takes months to get back to you.

There are nott hat many bugs in DS (there seems to be one with FBX export and one with animation playback, both serious enough but in specific areas). A lot of the other issues are not DS issus but content issus shown up by the new version of Iray or simply a driver issue (which I would suspect is your main problem).

• Richard Haseltine said:

tomsfo1 said:

I agree. How dare DAZ release 4.22 with so many bugs. What happened to alpha and beta testing. I can't even get a NVidia in my viewport. I am at a stand still. Can we do a class action lawsuit. This is complete incompetence.

There are nott hat many bugs in DS (there seems to be one with FBX export and one with animation playback, both serious enough but in specific areas). A lot of the other issues are not DS issus but content issus shown up by the new version of Iray or simply a driver issue (which I would suspect is your main problem).

The change lof dos show activity in regards to these issues, FBX is brand new info (well, since last I looked anyway).

• romxromx Posts: 8

There are nott hat many bugs in DS

I'm absolutely happy that what you, Richard, set up of DAZ has no bugs. But for many people it is not so.

• Well, looking forward there's supposed to be another update sometime in Dec. with Face Transfer 2 available in it.

• I didn't even update to 4.22 yet, but my content sliders, with the exception of expressions, suddenly and permanently stopped reliably working on new figures.  My project is dead in the water.  I haven't updated anything since my last thread over a month ago when I rolled back the 10 / 19 Default Resources, Default Template, and Scene Builder updates just to be able to properly render again.  200+ stopped working, Shape Shift stopped working, half of the sliders in Fangtastic stopped working, and I keep getting corrupted save files when I save my scenes.  I check the logs and see all of these failures when loading purchased content.  Nothing on my system changed since then.  Everything worked for weeks, then suddenly it wasn't.  I didn't move any files either.  It's like the software is disabling the content as soon as I try to use it.

I've tried the base Gen 9, Gen 9 Dev Load, Matt, and Fabrice.  I've rebooted the system a dozen times, restarted the software, refreshed the content, reset the database, done a dozen malware scans to confirm my system isn't infected.  Nothing I do fixes this spontaneous problem, and I can't create or edit any characters.  I edited one before realizing there was a problem, and it corrupted the file when I saved.  I tried to pose it and the eyes slid out of the sockets, the mesh stretched and disgusting looking ways, eyebrows and eyelashes detached, the eyes crossed, the right eye moved forward, I couldn't refit anything to the figure, the morphs on the face disappeared, the right eye slid forward and got bigger, it became impossible to move anything out of alignment, and it started lagging and dropping frames,  If I imported the character into another scene, the face morphs would still disappear, and the hair would go away too.   I lost the character.  I had to delete the scene and the character file in hopes of preventing the problem from spreading to other characters.

I don't know what to do.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    Maybe you have a failing hard drive where content is stored.

Would you pls attach your DS log and a couple of screenshots in here? And have you checked if there's anything wrong with the disk where your Daz Library locate?

You may also try if you can successfully open G9's user-facing files (duf) and it's DSON support files in data folder with Notepad ++...

• fearthefailure said:

I didn't even update to 4.22 yet, but my content sliders, with the exception of expressions, suddenly and permanently stopped reliably working on new figures.  My project is dead in the water.  I haven't updated anything since my last thread over a month ago when I rolled back the 10 / 19 Default Resources, Default Template, and Scene Builder updates just to be able to properly render again.  200+ stopped working, Shape Shift stopped working, half of the sliders in Fangtastic stopped working, and I keep getting corrupted save files when I save my scenes.  I check the logs and see all of these failures when loading purchased content.  Nothing on my system changed since then.  Everything worked for weeks, then suddenly it wasn't.  I didn't move any files either.  It's like the software is disabling the content as soon as I try to use it.

I've tried the base Gen 9, Gen 9 Dev Load, Matt, and Fabrice.  I've rebooted the system a dozen times, restarted the software, refreshed the content, reset the database, done a dozen malware scans to confirm my system isn't infected.  Nothing I do fixes this spontaneous problem, and I can't create or edit any characters.  I edited one before realizing there was a problem, and it corrupted the file when I saved.  I tried to pose it and the eyes slid out of the sockets, the mesh stretched and disgusting looking ways, eyebrows and eyelashes detached, the eyes crossed, the right eye moved forward, I couldn't refit anything to the figure, the morphs on the face disappeared, the right eye slid forward and got bigger, it became impossible to move anything out of alignment, and it started lagging and dropping frames,  If I imported the character into another scene, the face morphs would still disappear, and the hair would go away too.   I lost the character.  I had to delete the scene and the character file in hopes of preventing the problem from spreading to other characters.

I don't know what to do.

:-( I'm not sure either. Okay, you've tried rebooting. 

Sometimes, usually for other issues though, asking the program to select another layout, then switching back, jogs its memory to get the panes back in order.

One time I couldn't get D/S to read a data folder until, with D/S closed, I went to the data folder and using the OS, told it to 'refresh' [arrow on the top bars of the folder panes] ... then went back and opened D/S and it could then read the morphs.

I have seen in the forums some talk of D/S having problems with content if/when "both" DIM and Daz Centrale were used to download/install content. Products had to be uninstalled using the same method they were installed by ... and then use "only 1" method [I think DIM is the preferred] to download/install content.

Problems with creating could be issues with the CMS which has to be running in order for things such as the transfer utility and content creation tools to work properly. Make sure the address for its location is correct in D/S [general preferences editor options].

• It's not the drive.  The library is on the system drive, and it's running in top form.  I've got no boot issues, it's less than 50% full, and it's not even lagging.  It's NVME, so it's very fast.  I already deleted the character that was most affected, so I can't screenshot it.  The previous characters are safe as long as I don't save any edits.  I'll try to reproduce the load failures and return with the logs.  Am I only trying to open them in that editor, or am I looking for anything in those files too?

Screenshot 2023-12-01 133335.png
    362 x 496 - 19K
  • Catherine3678ab said:

fearthefailure said:

I didn't even update to 4.22 yet, but my content sliders, with the exception of expressions, suddenly and permanently stopped reliably working on new figures.  My project is dead in the water.  I haven't updated anything since my last thread over a month ago when I rolled back the 10 / 19 Default Resources, Default Template, and Scene Builder updates just to be able to properly render again.  200+ stopped working, Shape Shift stopped working, half of the sliders in Fangtastic stopped working, and I keep getting corrupted save files when I save my scenes.  I check the logs and see all of these failures when loading purchased content.  Nothing on my system changed since then.  Everything worked for weeks, then suddenly it wasn't.  I didn't move any files either.  It's like the software is disabling the content as soon as I try to use it.

I don't know what to do.

:-( I'm not sure either. Okay, you've tried rebooting. 

Sometimes, usually for other issues though, asking the program to select another layout, then switching back, jogs its memory to get the panes back in order.

One time I couldn't get D/S to read a data folder until, with D/S closed, I went to the data folder and using the OS, told it to 'refresh' [arrow on the top bars of the folder panes] ... then went back and opened D/S and it could then read the morphs.

I have seen in the forums some talk of D/S having problems with content if/when "both" DIM and Daz Centrale were used to download/install content. Products had to be uninstalled using the same method they were installed by ... and then use "only 1" method [I think DIM is the preferred] to download/install content.

Problems with creating could be issues with the CMS which has to be running in order for things such as the transfer utility and content creation tools to work properly. Make sure the address for its location is correct in D/S [general preferences editor options].

Could you expand on: asking the program to select another layout, then switching back, jogs its memory to get the panes back in order.?  Are we talking rearranging the panes?  I'm just trying to pinpoint what I need to do here.  I'm still familiarizing myself with the lingo.

Okay, I just refreshed all of the folders.  I didn't see anything new pop in, or anything go away.  I've really got a lot in there.

I didn't install DAZ Central.  I didn't even know that existed lol I've only been using DIM.  Then I would go into DS and not be able to use my content because it was grayed out.  So, I had to complete the install there.  I don't know if that's abnormal, but that was the only way to use my purchased content.

For the CMS, I see an address in there, but I'm not sure what it should be.  This is totally new territory for me.

• I'm back with the logs.  I expect IRAY warnings because I have AMD GPU's.  Until I can afford a Nvidia build, that's just going to be what it is.  No Nvidia GPU = no Nvidia driver to resolve those warnings.  Though I have fewer failures than before, I still see them in the logs.  It's reporting missing assets, but nothing is missing from my content pane.  Everything is installed, and I didn't delete any of them.  In the newest lines, I tried using 200+ to flatten the back of the head.  It's logging as if it did something, but it didn't actually do anything.  There was no difference at all.  In another session, it might work for one adjustment, then it stops working after that one adjustment.  If I save it and restart, it won't work when I load that scene to continue.

The logs go back to 11 / 27, so you can still see the Fabrice and Dev Load logs as well.

txt
    txt
    DAZ log.txt
    1M
  • At the top of D/S, there's "windows" ... from the drop down list, there are options to change the layout. I don't have D/S on this laptop right now. So pick a layout different than the one you're presently using. It switches. Then pick the desired layout back again. Doing this will reset the panes, etc. and can mysteriously fix minor issues.

From the Scene Tab, the hamburger menu [bunch of lines] one can find the Content Manager. Make sure that you have the physical address of where the content is, so D/S can find it.

For future reference, to get a shorter log file, Select 'all' - and delete it. Save. [just save, no change name nor location] Then try to do whatever it is that will repeat the issue. Check that log file.

Hopefully somebody else can read and see what's going on.

Unfortunately I haven't found any critical issue so far from the log in terms of the assets / morphs, so any screenshot of "how they're not working" ? Is your G9 normal after being loaded, for instance you pose it a bit, dial the property "Jaw Open", "Eye Blink", etc.

• Catherine3678ab said:

At the top of D/S, there's "windows" ... from the drop down list, there are options to change the layout. I don't have D/S on this laptop right now. So pick a layout different than the one you're presently using. It switches. Then pick the desired layout back again. Doing this will reset the panes, etc. and can mysteriously fix minor issues.

From the Scene Tab, the hamburger menu [bunch of lines] one can find the Content Manager. Make sure that you have the physical address of where the content is, so D/S can find it.

For future reference, to get a shorter log file, Select 'all' - and delete it. Save. [just save, no change name nor location] Then try to do whatever it is that will repeat the issue. Check that log file.

Hopefully somebody else can read and see what's going on.

Thank you very much!  I'll give that a try.

• crosswind said:

Unfortunately I haven't found any critical issue so far from the log in terms of the assets / morphs, so any screenshot of "how they're not working" ? Is your G9 normal after being loaded, for instance you pose it a bit, dial the property "Jaw Open", "Eye Blink", etc.

I can do that for you.  Yeah, it loads the G9 normally and the pose controls work fine.  It's the transform morphs that always stop working.  I'll show you including the sliders.  I'll also grab the logs from that same test session.

• Morphs I used that didn't work this time:

Cranium Lower Width
    Cranium Size Larger
    Ears Size
    Face Lower Longer
    Face Upper Height
    ForeHead Width
    Chin Cleft

This is a much better outcome than I had been getting lately, but not all of them are working yet.  Before, all of them worked.  This is the base G9 figure.  I haven't saved and reopened it yet.

Before Moving Any Sliders.png
    1919 x 1080 - 471K
    After First Adjustment.png
    1919 x 1034 - 460K
    After Second Adjustment.png
    1919 x 1039 - 459K
    Before Third Adjustment.png
    1920 x 1080 - 553K
    After Third Adjustment Nothing Happened.png
    1919 x 1080 - 552K
    After Fourth Adjustment It Worked Again.png
    1919 x 1039 - 546K
    Before Ear Size Adjustment.png
    1920 x 1080 - 469K
    After Ear Size Adjustment It Stopped Working Again.png
    1920 x 1080 - 471K
    Before Chin Cleft Adjustment.png
    1919 x 1080 - 551K
    After Chin Cleft Adjustment It Stopped Working.png
    1920 x 1080 - 552K
    txt
    txt
    New DAZ log.txt
    edited December 2023

Yup, I just dbl-checked  a couple of dials, they worked all well on my side, so no product issue.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with the morphs files themselves on your side... So for the time being, I just give one suggestion - you clear the scene (Ctrl + N) first, presse F2 - Clear DSON Cache Files, then load a G9 for testing. See if they work or not...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • AliKatAliKat Posts: 14

Richard Haseltine said:

On the contrary; this build of Studio is the buggiest I can think of in recent memory. It is literally unusable for me after about 10-15 minutes.

• AliKat said:

Richard Haseltine said:

On the contrary; this build of Studio is the buggiest I can think of in recent memory. It is literally unusable for me after about 10-15 minutes.

And what are these new bugs, if they are not the ones mentioned in my post? Just saying it is buggy is not useful.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,016
    edited December 2023

fearthefailure said:

Morphs I used that didn't work this time:

Cranium Lower Width
    Cranium Size Larger
    Ears Size
    Face Lower Longer
    Face Upper Height
    ForeHead Width
    Chin Cleft

This is a much better outcome than I had been getting lately, but not all of them are working yet.  Before, all of them worked.  This is the base G9 figure.  I haven't saved and reopened it yet.

Before moving any sliders

Um, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that is the vanilla base, neck looks too long and possibly too flat sideways. Also the head is maybe too far forward.

Experiment: Close D/S. Go to the morphs folder for G9, leave the Daz3D morph folder alone, slide all the other morph folders to a storage folder temporarily - maybe over on the desktop.

Open D/S and load G9 - does it look the same? If yes, I'm wrong, slide all the other morph folders back {with D/S closed of course}.

If I'm correct, then close D/S, slide back ONE of the folders, open D/S, load G9 ... if it looks correct, fine. Close D/S and repeat until you find the folder that is making the change. Incorrectly made morphs can affect how other morphs work and/or load already dialed in.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • jbowlerjbowler Posts: 742

trebor_gb_37ba5b8bb6 said:

Can you roll back from 4.22 to 4.21 untill you sort out the bugs. Or at least gives us the opton of intalling previous versions? Why do we continually have to be at the mercy of these upgrades

The easiest approach is to install the "beta", as documented elsewhere, and use that.  When you do this you can forgo the upgrade to the "General Release" (i.e. the normal release) because the "beta" is simultaneously updated to the same release; so you can use the "General Release" that comes in the beta channel to test for a while until you are happy or, more relevant in this case, not happy.  You then go back to the "General Release" and ignore; i.e. DO NOT INSTALL, the new "General Release" until a better one emerges in the "Public" channel.

• crosswind said:

Yup, I just dbl-checked  a couple of dials, they worked all well on my side, so no product issue.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with the morphs files themselves on your side... So for the time being, I just give one suggestion - you clear the scene (Ctrl + N) first, presse F2 - Clear DSON Cache Files, then load a G9 for testing. See if they work or not...

You just mentioned something I didn't know was possible: clearing DSON cache files.  That makes sense as a feature to have when some updates can be rolled back.  I'm absolutely going to try that!

• jbowler said:

trebor_gb_37ba5b8bb6 said:

The easiest approach is to install the "beta", as documented elsewhere, and use that.  When you do this you can forgo the upgrade to the "General Release" (i.e. the normal release) because the "beta" is simultaneously updated to the same release; so you can use the "General Release" that comes in the beta channel to test for a while until you are happy or, more relevant in this case, not happy.  You then go back to the "General Release" and ignore; i.e. DO NOT INSTALL, the new "General Release" until a better one emerges in the "Public" channel.

W advice.  I wish there was a like button for great comments.  A bunch of you really deserve the credit for the gems you drop.

• Catherine3678ab said:

fearthefailure said:

Morphs I used that didn't work this time:

Cranium Lower Width
    Cranium Size Larger
    Ears Size
    Face Lower Longer
    Face Upper Height
    ForeHead Width
    Chin Cleft

Before moving any sliders

Um, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that is the vanilla base, neck looks too long and possibly too flat sideways. Also the head is maybe too far forward.

Experiment: Close D/S. Go to the morphs folder for G9, leave the Daz3D morph folder alone, slide all the other morph folders to a storage folder temporarily - maybe over on the desktop.

Open D/S and load G9 - does it look the same? If yes, I'm wrong, slide all the other morph folders back {with D/S closed of course}.

If I'm correct, then close D/S, slide back ONE of the folders, open D/S, load G9 ... if it looks correct, fine. Close D/S and repeat until you find the folder that is making the change. Incorrectly made morphs can affect how other morphs work and/or load already dialed in.

It always looked like that for me, but I also bought and installed morphs before I ever attempted creating a character.  I'm going to give this a try too.  I want to see if something changes as well.

• crosswind said:

OMG!  This was effective!  Thank you so much!  I had bad cache.  I'm seeing consistent return of full functionality.  All the sliders are working!

fearthefailure said:

crosswind said:

OMG!  This was effective!  Thank you so much!  I had bad cache.  I'm seeing consistent return of full functionality.  All the sliders are working!

That is really great! Then happy rendering ! yes 

• I`m having major issues with importing into Daz 4.22

The GoZ bridge no longer works. It sends the object to ZBrush, but when trying to send the item back to Daz, nothing happens.

If you try to manually load a morph through Morphloader Pro, the morph it creates is approximately 9500% smaller than the object that was used to create the morph.