iclone5..which one does what?

flame3Dflame3D Posts: 38
edited August 2012 in The Commons

I have just purchased iclone5pro.
I was expecting to be able to import DAZ Genesis characters into it.
There seems no option to do this without 3Dexchange;..a separate module...having to be purchased.
This is not made clear in the DAZ3d website shop; in fact it's difficult to tell the differences between iclone5 'standard' and 'pro', where the
''whats included and features'' listing is exactly the same for both.
So what are the differences, and why are they not made clear, and why isn't the necessity to have to purchase another product to be able to use it with DS4.5, not flagged up and made clear.
I thought that the only difference with the more expensive pipeline version was that you could 'export' back from iclone5 to DS4.5, or other 3D progs.
Why have I purchased the 'pro' version if there is no difference from the 'standard' version??

Post edited by flame3D on

Comments

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

if i'm right, you don't have a timeline and only basic editing features in the standard version.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
    edited December 1969

you need only 3dx5pro not pipeline to import into iClone
    currently it is $139 at Reallusion but by owning iC5pro you may get a special price, you register with your serial and they generate one.
    The Daz 3 in one deal is actually very good if you are in the platinum club,
    I have paid a lot more for my iClone software at Reallusion.

• flame3Dflame3D Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Thanks to you both for your response.
    I have looked in more detail, on the reallusion site, and yes for now, i'd probably do best with 3Dexchange pro (budget wise).
    It does explain the differences between the 3 versions of iclone5 and 3dx5 with 'version comparison'; but I still maintain that it would be useful if DAZ3D site was clearer on exactly what you get and how it relates to using it (or not) with DS4.5.
    Thanks again for your inputs; I'll go away now and count my pennies and see what I can afford!