Beginner essentials question

FenFen Posts: 53
edited November 2023 in Art Studio

Hi there, hopefully getting Carrara but in the meantime learning Daz Studio and I'm specifically looking for plugins/tools to be able to work with rodent models such as squirrels for instance. My intent is to model, pose and animate the critters. So far I have picked out:

1. Rodent Base by AM SKU:38537

2. Rodents by AM: Squirrels of Eastern Hemisphere SKU:38539

3. Rodents by AM: Squirrel Props and Poses SKU:38543

Are there any other plugins I would need to get started? I already have DAZ Studio and all the freebies included with the software downloaded and installed so I've been tinkering with the interface to understand the workflow, but ultimately i'm more interested in squirrels rigfht now lol.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can offersmiley

Fen

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 475
    edited November 2023

For the hair on the squirrel you should use: https://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair-free-player

Edit: I'm not sure how animating will work with this product. I remember having to pose everything first before starting the render and warnings about changing the pose after simulating. Maybe someone else that animates can help with that part of the question? 

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • FenFen Posts: 53

Shimrian said:

For the hair on the squirrel you should use: https://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair-free-player

Edit: I'm not sure how animating will work with this product. I remember having to pose everything first before starting the render and warnings about changing the pose after simulating. Maybe someone else that animates can help with that part of the question? 

Hey thanks a lot. It's in my cart:) Some technical issue is preventing my order from going through so I can't purchase anything right now. None of the payment methods work- keeps giving me an error. Guess I'll be waiting until at least Monday to have it looked at by Daz tech support...in the meantime, just reading and messing with DAZ Studio free version- seems like the manual is out of date a bit, but still able to learn some basics. Thanks again.

• Moved to Art Studio since it is a non-technical content question, rather than one about the Daz Studio application.

That is all, aside from the player, content rather than plug-ins - most things are content in one form or another, which are easier to isntall and manage than actual plug-ins.