DSON importer and poser 11

Will DSON importer work with the new poser 11?   I know that poser 11 is 64 bit so the DSONIMPORTER 64 would be required.    How do I tell the importer that I want it to effect poser 11?

Comments

• I can say yes tested it last night, all working well for me, but there are some cases where the mouth goes a stray and no one knows why but in most cases it works the same.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited November 2015

Yes, over all it will work, but I'm just one of the unlucky persons for which it does not work completely (indeed problems with the mouth, similar to the one mentioned in this thread)

http://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/52819/genesis-and-use-limits-problem-in-poser

The difference being that now it only affect G2F and G2M (all characters even without using the 'set limits' option in poser).

So for me, the latest DSON version works without problems in PPro2014 (as long as I don't use 'set limits'), but not without problems in PPro11

G2F.JPG
    881 x 965 - 54K
    Post edited by glaseye on
  • Hi,

For me it doesn't work at all. I can select G2F characters but after chancing one materail the importer hangs, It doesn't do anything more. Further some dimensions are changed. I Got Belle 6 with flirtyhair combined saved as new character. in Poser Pro 2014 it works perfect. in Poser pro 11 I have to scale the hair to 110%,

Greetings Pavlo

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

By and large, I've been able to get the DSON Importer to work in Poser 11 (Pro), but I had to upgrade it.  The version referenced in the forum threads was 1.1.0.41, if memory serves, and it's now up to 1.2.0.12.

You also have to let it know where to install, too.  Just point it to the install location of your Poser 11 executable, and tell it where your DSON-compatible content is located, and it should work.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that the auto-fit functionality that I've become so accustomed to in DAZ, is not implemented in the DSON Importer; so if you've morphed your character in any way, and to any degree, you're going to have poke-through issues.  In my own case, they were serious enough to get me to stop using Poser with any DAZ figures beyond Generation 4.  (Michael 4 and Victoria 4 still have plenty of shelf-life to them, so that really hasn't been that much of an issue for me.)

If you're going to do any kind of animation, though, I really wouldn't recommend Poser with Genesis 2 figures.  Stick with DAZ Studio, or go with iClone.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

By and large, I've been able to get the DSON Importer to work in Poser 11 (Pro), but I had to upgrade it.  The version referenced in the forum threads was 1.1.0.41, if memory serves, and it's now up to 1.2.0.12.

You also have to let it know where to install, too.  Just point it to the install location of your Poser 11 executable, and tell it where your DSON-compatible content is located, and it should work.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that the auto-fit functionality that I've become so accustomed to in DAZ, is not implemented in the DSON Importer; so if you've morphed your character in any way, and to any degree, you're going to have poke-through issues.  In my own case, they were serious enough to get me to stop using Poser with any DAZ figures beyond Generation 4.  (Michael 4 and Victoria 4 still have plenty of shelf-life to them, so that really hasn't been that much of an issue for me.)

If you're going to do any kind of animation, though, I really wouldn't recommend Poser with Genesis 2 figures.  Stick with DAZ Studio, or go with iClone.

On the DSON menu use "Transfer Active Morphs".

• glaseye said:

Yes, over all it will work, but I'm just one of the unlucky persons for which it does not work completely (indeed problems with the mouth, similar to the one mentioned in this thread) (...)

So for me, the latest DSON version works without problems in PPro2014 (as long as I don't use 'set limits'), but not without problems in PPro11

I thought this problem is already solved and is known in this forum? However here is an easy way to fix it. I assume you have 'Genesis Generation X2'. At RuntimeDNA user 'willdial' offered this steps:

QUOTE START

It didn't occur in previous versions of Poser. After a couple of hours of research, I found the offending morphs. They were created by the Genesis Generation X2.

Morphs
    Face -> Generation X -> Fix -> Upper Jaw Translate Z
    Face -> Generation X -> Fix -> Lower Jaw Translate Z

Internal Names
    Upper Jaw Translate Z -> GXF_G2F_TransZUpJaw
    Lower Jaw Translate Z -> GXF_G2F_TransZLowJaw

The two morphs have a Min value set to 100 and a Max value set to -100. Logically, they are backwards. Poser 11 cannot handle it.

The Fix
    I edited the following files to set the Min to -100 and the Max to 100. Note: When editing DSF files, always make backups.

Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\GXF_G2F_TransZLowJaw.dsf
    Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\GXF_G2F_TransZUpJaw.dsf

That fixed the problem. I tested some the dependent morphs and they worked fine.

QUOTE END

I hope it's okay that I copied this from another board because it helps with a technical issue which I cannot put well in my own words because English is not my native language.

The good thing is this fix works also with the G2M characters.

So if you edit the files as recommended you can also fix characters that you have saved prior to Poser 11. Just dial at 'Face'->'Generation X'->'Fix' either at

'Lower Jaw Translate Z' or 'Upper Jaw Translate Z' as described in the quote change under 'settings' 'min limit' at -100 and 'max limit' at 100. Then set the 'value' to 0.

Yep, I had noticed that thread at RDNA (if you look at the thread you can see my response there smiley ) but thanks for the heads up anyway ..... yes

• I have Poser 11 and when I use the installation manager a window comes up and tells me that I have to put a pth to Poser Pro 2014 or 2012.

Anyone have this and a way around it.

Sherp

IIRC, just point it to your poser 11 path / exe. That should work just fine

• "IIRC, just point it to your poser 11 path / exe. That should work just fine". No it does not.

• gibbiejoe said:

"IIRC, just point it to your poser 11 path / exe. That should work just fine". No it does not.

You have to tell the install manager that it is either poser 9 or poser 2012 but still point it to that path (if you tell it poser 11 it does not work.)