one question

Eric_hanshawEric_hanshaw Posts: 7
edited November 2023 in Art Studio

Are we allowed to use the gen characters and textures for free, if we create the  content ourselves?. this is my biggest question. i am dearly sorry if i'm not supposed to write this, here. can someone explain this to me?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• What do you mean by use? 

• Cris Palomino said:

What do you mean by use? 

like, can we use the products for commercial use in the3 smart content tab and things like that

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

You can do whatever you want with render outputs. Images, videos made is yours. You can't use the mesh or textures etc in say a game without an interactive license.

• TheKD said:

You can do whatever you want with render outputs. Images, videos made is yours. You can't use the mesh or textures etc in say a game without an interactive license.

ok ,cool. thank you. i looked on the site for interactive licenses, and i found none. i checked interactive lisence, and it just took me to the eula which said that it had been signed. i don't knoww where to gwet the lisence.

• one more thing, do we have to purchase a license for every game we create with daz?

• TheKD said:

Mostly - there are a few exceptions, the old Anne Marie Goddard Digitial Clone for Victoria 3, products from Flipped Normals, and products with an Editorial License for example.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited November 2023

Eric_hanshaw said:

one more thing, do we have to purchase a license for every game we create with daz?

Games with 3D data or games with only 2D data (pre-rendered videos or sprites)? Only the [former] latter require that you own an Interactive license for the products used.

Edited to correct error.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Eric_hanshaw said:

one more thing, do we have to purchase a license for every game we create with daz?

Games with 3D data or games with only 2D data (pre-rendered videos or sprites)? Only the latter require that you own an Interactive license for the products used.

ok, this helps me alot. ty all ... where do i get the lisence, when my project is ready?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

...except I think that he meant "Former", not latter.

To be clear, 2D renders of assets is covered in  the Daz 3d General License (with those few exceptions), but to include 3D assets into a game, you'd need the Interactive License.

• Dartanbeck said:

...except I think that he meant "Former", not latter.

To be clear, 2D renders of assets is covered in  the Daz 3d General License (with those few exceptions), but to include 3D assets into a game, you'd need the Interactive License.

i know, i am asking where i get the lisence

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,845
    edited November 2023

each product page has interactive license for sale on it if there is one

most people just render images and videos though, if one makes 3D games one needs a license for each product used

personally I wouldn't use DAZ content at all in games as much better options out there

DAZ is great for producing art not really optimal for games

they have a store called Tafi more for that

https://maketafi.com/

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Belatedly moved to Art studio as it is not a Daz Studio aplication topic, edited my post to correct the reference.

As Wendy says, if you wish to purchase an interactive license after the main product go to the product page in the store, check the box for Interactive License, and the Purchased button will change to read Add License, allowing you to add it to your cart for purchase. If there is no Interactive License option then the product may not be used in a 3D game.

• i don't see any of this. i see no "add license" or anything, i go to a product page, and it says "add interactive lisence", it doesn't say "add lisence", it's a lisence for the product, not my own work

• hey guys, i found it ... but it stilll says it's for the product, not an interactive liscence for the stuff that i have.

• You need an Interactive license for each product that will be included, other than as pre-rendered 2D images or animations, in the game.

• ok, this answers my questions, thank you for all of your time ... now i know what i am doing, lol