WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
edited November 2015 in Carrara Discussion
Can somebody brilliant please make one for Carrara
Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

that;s awesome wendy

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

If you tug the magnets around enough, NERD3-D's wave tool does more than most folks realize. Uses magnets if I recall correctly, maybe dials too.

It used to be sold here at daz, but I think he migrated to hivewire. Has his own site too.

You'd probably have to keyframe it in daz or poser, but then you could easily export it, etc. Might work in carrara too. Didn't own C at the time I was playing.

I don't have any renders, but having putz-d with it for a few hours one night, I kept it in my toolkit. If I can only find my test(s)...

Not quite up to the videos you linked (very very cool, btw), but its capable of far more than his demo vids indicate. Maybe add some sub-d, smoothing/roughing w morder(?) terrains, and texturing of the plane on top of the animation, you might get pretty close to a given target look. I was even thinking of using puppeteering to manage the motion.

cheers,

ms

• Wendy,

Thanks for the heads up.  Wow! Very impressive..wish we had something like that..I went to Nerd3-D wave tool as Mindsong suggested.. Apparently it is only for windows, but it does have th slider controls... .I would be really fun to play with it.  Anyway thanks.

Starboardtack

• think I have the wave tool, I have some DS waves know that that do not work AFAIK in Carrara but maybe as morph targets?

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    Can somebody brilliant please make one for Carrara

That is beautiful, thanks for posting! I don't know squat about C4D, but I have attempted some "hero" wave tests here and there inspired by this document - um, not a direct link, but try googling this:

imageworks-library-Surfs-Up-the-making-of- an-animated-documentary.pdf‎

and start looking around page 57 of that document...it sparks many ideas!...and many failures...and many ideas!...like the tide...

Hi, thought I would share my recent attempts at making a wave that crests and falls over inspired by the "Surf's Up" method:

Obvisouly, needs a lot more refinement...laugh

I basically created a series of 9 morphs for the wave roll from start to finish. Then I saved each morph out as Phase 1, Phase 2 etc. I then deleted the first full Morph Area and created 7 new separate Morph Areas. Then for each Morph Area I created 9 targets and loaded in the saved morphs. At the end I had 7 separate wave parts that rolled from start to finish and could offset from each other.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

That looks awesome! yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Hi, thought I would share my recent attempts at making a wave that crests and falls over inspired by the "Surf's Up" method:

I basically created a series of 9 morphs for the wave roll from start to finish. Then I saved each morph out as Phase 1, Phase 2 etc. I then deleted the first full Morph Area and created 7 new separate Morph Areas. Then for each Morph Area I created 9 targets and loaded in the saved morphs. At the end I had 7 separate wave parts that rolled from start to finish and could offset from each other.

that's pretty good , you must ride a boogie board :)

I've had limited succes by animating splines

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited December 2015

I have tried the magnet, but the magnet zone is always circular, or oval making it difficult to really form a wave.

Maybe someone could create a shape-able magnet...maybe a vertex object that could be magnetized both positively and negatively to push and pull as you desire.

Morph targets on the magnet would also be a plus.

Calling >> Brianorca, Sparrowhawke, Inagoni, DCG Eric, Fenric, & Float !!!

I almost forgot Philemo, who is busy working on the No Poke-through plugin !cheeky

Post edited by McGuiver on
  • Hi, thought I would share my recent attempts at making a wave that crests and falls over inspired by the "Surf's Up" method:

Nice job. If you add a wave or ripple function to the displacement, you may get a more real looking surface!
    edited December 2015
    Stezza said:

That looks awesome! yes

Thanks Stezza!

head wax said:

that's pretty good , you must ride a boogie board :)

I've had limited succes by animating splines

Thanks head wax - no boogie boarding for me though...

I initially started in the Spline Modeler, but I was approaching it from the wrong angle and getting strange crumpling on the sides and quickly abandoned those efforts.

McGuiver said:

I have tried the magnet, but the magnet zone is always circular, or oval making it difficult to really form a wave.

Maybe someone could create a shape-able magnet...maybe a vertex object that could be magnetized both positively and negatively to push and pull as you desire.

Morph targets on the magnet would also be a plus.

Calling >> Brianorca, Sparrowhawke, Inagoni, DCG Eric, Fenric, & Float !!!

I almost forgot Philemo, who is busy working on the No Poke-through plugin !cheeky

Hmmm...I'll have to check out the Magnet tool for this and report back. Maybe it can be used to add layers of optional displacement from the main wave...

Nice job. If you add a wave or ripple function to the displacement, you may get a more real looking surface!

Thanks and great idea! I am definietly looking forward to experimenting adding complexity using displacements and shaders.

Post edited by DesertDude on
  • That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited December 2015

Very nice DesertDude!  Looking forward to any updates.  Might try it this weekend, but need to work on my volcano first (another thread).

I eventually need to make a tsunami scene, so this will help! 

Post edited by That Other Persona on

Thanks That Other Persona! I hope to make some progress this week end.