Installers...a continuing problem - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited August 2012 in The Commons

I really don`t know what the problem is but sometimes your installers doesn`t work DAZ.

I have just bought the elegant and shabby for world cruise and have installed it and everything seems to be okay until I want to change the mat of some luggage.

1. I needed much time to find the icons because they are not installed unter pose (like most other icons for textures can be found)
2. After I found the icons I choose the right one for the right item and surprise...not mats were found instead of loading the mats I was asked to locate them manuelly...problem...no indication where I can find the right mats. wonderful.
3. I myself can`t find the mats under textures or somewhere else in my content (one reason, no indication where to look).

DAZ you make me nuts.

MAYBE THE TEXTURE FOLDER DOESN´T EXIST

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

This item has two installers, did you install them both. One is the Poser Format (PZ2) files, and the other one is for the DS optimised materials as DS Presets.

These items usually come with a readme, which tells you what files are contained in the download, and where they are placed on your machine. Have you looked in My Library/Readme's ?

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

This item has two installers, did you install them both. One is the Poser Format (PZ2) files, and the other one is for the DS optimised materials as DS Presets.

These items usually come with a readme, which tells you what files are contained in the download, and where they are placed on your machine. Have you looked in My Library/Readme's ?

yeap, have installed both installers and by following the read me file I found the icons for the textures but when choosing one I was told that the texture file can`t be found.

edited December 1969

I don't have this set, but it may be one of the combined installers, where the DS and PZ2 files are put into the same Runtime folder. In the Content Library in Poser Formats, are there icons for loading the Poser materials. and do they load OK? Do they have the DAZ Sudio icon in the top left corner? There is usually only one installer when they are combined, but I don't know what is going on here. I am sure it was a popular item at the time, and I don't see why a texture error would not have been found by now.

Where are the DAZ materials files stored? I take it that you installed both installers into the My Library folder?

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

I don't have this set, but it may be one of the combined installers, where the DS and PZ2 files are put into the same Runtime folder. In the Content Library in Poser Formats, are there icons for loading the Poser materials. and do they load OK? Do they have the DAZ Sudio icon in the top left corner? There is usually only one installer when they are combined, but I don't know what is going on here. I am sure it was a popular item at the time, and I don't see why a texture error would not have been found by now.

Where are the DAZ materials files stored? I take it that you installed both installers into the My Library folder?

as allways I use the basic settings of the installers so the predetermined paths, so it should work correct.

edited December 1969

I don;t have this set, so I can't be of any more help. We will need to wait for somone who has the set installed to find the correct paths for the textures.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

I have it, and just reinstalled it to a dummy folder to check the paths.

With both installers installed, the DS mats should install to:

Props:Human Accessories:MAT World Cruise (which they do in my setup)

and the Poser MATS should install to:

Pose: MAT World Cruise

I checked a couple of the .pz2's and the file paths for the textures are:

Runtime:Textures:DAZ:Props:PH_Wcruise:PH_WC-HB2-N.jpg

which is correct. Same with the DS mats. I'm not getting any errors.

Is it possible that your default location when installing may be incorrect? When I install, my default is:

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library