Why are some Tutorial Videos Unavailable

mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003
edited December 2023 in Bryce Discussion

Can someone tell me why some of the videos in the Bryce Tutorials thread are showing as “Video Unavailable, This video is private”, especially these:

Bryce IBL Light from Inside
Bryce 7 Use Sky for HDRI
Bryce 7 Using IBL Part 1 of 2
Bryce 7 Using IBL Part 2 of 2

I’m still trying to get my head around how to use the Light from Inside option in the IBL

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128
    edited December 2023

mermaid - yes, absolutely annoying! Though I do have a YouTube account the videos are marked Private and I cannot open them even if I am logged in. Using "IBL Part 1 + 2" are for Bryce 7.0, the 3 on Vimeo you have not mentioned are for Bryce 7.1 and I can open them. All videos came with the "Bryce Mentoring- Videos, Scenes and Resources" available at Daz 3D, though the CD does not exist anymore but it can be downloaded (about 4 GB), see https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-mentoring-dvd-videos-scenes-and-resources

On my website "Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Videos (Links) > Horo" you can find the links and also Transcripts (except for IBL Light from Inside) but they contain only the text what I talked about but no pictures.

These videos are for Bryce 7.0:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0xgXH8tHFg  IBL Light from Inside  (CD 04)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjIToC4qHoo  Use Sky for HDRI >> Transcript  (CD 07)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwK-nykqYCk  Using IBL Part 1 >> Transcript  (CD 01)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo7lNxKVo04  Using IBL Part 2 >> Transcript  (CD 02)

and these for 7.1
    vimeo.com/19443344  Using Image Based Lightning IBL part 1 of 3 >> Transcript  (CD 03)
    vimeo.com/19443365  Using Image Based Lightning IBL part 2 of 3 >> Transcript  (CD 04)
    vimeo.com/19443384  Using Image Based Lightning IBL part 3 of 3 >> Transcript  (CD 05)

I hope this helps.

Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003
    edited December 2023

Thanks Horo for the info. Pity there is no transcript for the Light from inside.

The last three videos, you mentioned I watched yesterday.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - I sent you an email about the "transcript".

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Thanks Horo, I appreciate it.

Thanks for your feedback, mermaid.