Random question ???

SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
edited August 2012 in The Commons

I've been eyeing of some Dynamic clothing in the store, the ones I'm looking at are for M4 and V4... Do they work well with genesis? Cos I have no idea. Also does dynamic clothing require a dynamic plug-in thats not default in Daz 4.5?

Post edited by SpyroRue on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967
    edited December 1969

DS4 and 4.5 (Pro versions, at least - which is still free) both have the basic Dynamic Clothing control in-built. If you purchase the plug-in you get more control over the material qualities, plus (I believe) a 'wind generator' which will quite happily apply a wind effect (of chosen strength and direction) to any dynamic item.
    The items made for any figure (Genesis included) work well, on the basis that the figure proportions are reasonably similar to the basic figure for which the item is designed. You can get round a lot of that by resizing Genesis (or M4, V4, etc.) doing the drape, freezing the drape (which converts the dynamics to a static object) and then resizing the figure and the object.
    As ever, you will get better results with an animated drape over a static, and better results again if the animated drape actually contains a certain amount of figure animation. Some dynamic items (the kimono for example) 'demand' an animated drape as they do not fully conform to the figure (loading similar to a prop rather than a character) and you'll need a 'gentle' animation to 'pull/push' the item along with the figure to the desired end pose.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Just make sure that you buy dynamic clothing that is specified for DS. If it doesn't mention Optitex anywhere then the clothing is probably going to be for Poser.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Thanks Simon and Cho! That really clarifies things :) The first one I thought I'd give a go was the M4 Dynamic Sports wear, I figure if that goes well and I learn the gist of dynamics I'd progress to the other more complex clothing articles. Since many are all M4 and V4 and I've never used the Dynamic range I thought I'd ask about it to be sure. All the characters I create are genesis and Gen5.

Thanks for all the Info :cheese:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
    edited August 2012

the rigging will not conform to Genesis so you may have to just pose the Dynamic cloth to match your figure or leave both in a tpose at the start and do an animated drape.
    there are some Genesis and other freebies on the Optitex site you can try first
    http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

the rigging will not conform to Genesis so you may have to just pose the Dynamic cloth to match your figure or leave both in a tpose at the start and do an animated drape.

Thanks very much Wendy I just discovered the no conform thing. It goes crazy if you try to lol. I'll try out what you mentioned treat it as a prop not a conforming clothing as is norm with static clothing. Thanks also for the link :) I'll check that out too I'm on iPhone currently lol should be sleeping but I've became a forum addict lol

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
    edited December 1969

yeah, Samsung Galaxy Android tab here, in bed with 3 cats and electric blanket but they are the only ones sleeping. %-P
    got home at 1am, should be sleeping but there is a Cadbury snack family block looking at me saying "eat me" on my bedside table.

edited December 1969

Lol! I love cats I in bed with the same naggin question "why you not sleepin" I got 1x cat sleepin with me. Sadly no chockie :(

edited December 1969

Laughing at you two, When we go to bed, if we want the catlings to sleep as well we have to trun the lights out, otherwise the teenage hooligans will keep fighting each other and us, all over the bed, Once the light goes out they will eventually settle.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much Wendy I just discovered the no conform thing. It goes crazy if you try to lol. I'll try out what you mentioned treat it as a prop not a conforming clothing as is norm with static clothing. Thanks also for the link :) I'll check that out too I'm on iPhone currently lol should be sleeping but I've became a forum addict lol

With the Optitex Dynamics, use 'Fit To' to get the item onto Genesis, and then change it to 'Fit To' none. At this point do the drape.

Kendall

edited December 1969

With the Optitex Dynamics, use 'Fit To' to get the item onto Genesis, and then change it to 'Fit To' none. At this point do the drape.

Kendall

Yeah, I tried the 'fit to' thing, but the clothing (dynamic pair of basketball shorts) went totally crazy! lol The front rose up to the chest like an old grandpa and, the back was like one of those teen boys, almost falling off lol! I assumed it couldn't be fit to genesis as an article of 'dynamic' clothing that was designed for M4 not Genesis.

edited August 2012

So another totally random question - (Im thinking I might re-tittle this thread to " Random and stupid questions Thread !?! ") LOL Cho could propebly do it lol

In the attached image, a promo on daz... I was qurious.. For a full Nightclub/club/party scene, would that have been made up of heaps of Geneisis, M4 and V4s ? Or is it more practically on the render engine to photo shop layers of multiple smaller renders to fit together?

I'm thinking of doing some club scenes when I polish of my Cats Eyes project.

b25-club-dress-large.jpg
    500 x 650 - 86K
    edited December 1969

Yes sure I could do it, but you can also do it yourself. Hit the edit button under your first post, and then edit the title . Seeemples :coolsmirk:

edited August 2012

chohole said:
    Yes sure I could do it, but you can also do it yourself. Hit the edit button under your first post, and then edit the title . Seeemples :coolsmirk:

LOL yes that makes sense Cho... Never changed a Thread Title before lol

I also have a random question for you cho... I have moments where I go crazy *cleaning* up the data in my Pc... Do you admin peoples of daz have moments like this where you go through the forums getting rid of the massing mess of deserted threads? Cos If I were admin, I'd think i'd be like a forum maid lol! ;-P

edited August 2012

Simple answer to that one is NO we don't. Nothing is ever deleted, it is still all there. We do sometimes move posts, and even threads, out of view of the "general public" for various reasons but they are still left on the server.

Deserted threads will just gradually work there way out of sight anyway, now that the forum is bumping threads properly.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

Some of us do periodically succumb to the urge to de-sticky threads, however. DAZ_Kevin, on the other hand, has a habit of stickying things up.

edited December 1969

We do sometimes move posts, and even threads, out of view of the "general public"

Lol I wont ask about 'those' posts and threads then %-P