Finding "normal" Carrara content like runtimes, presets, and objects

Before re-installing my system, I saved all my content on an external hard drive.  Then I re-downloaded Carrara 8.1 pro, put all my former files back on the computer and went to the Browser tab and clicked on "auto detect runtimes".  It doesn't find anything.  It will allow me to add them manually tho.

In the presets and landscapes that were originally with Carrara 8.1, there is nothing displaying now.  So when Carrara starts for the first time, it comes up with those boxes dimmed.  I have a lot of Poser-type stuff that used to work fine in Carrara, but don't see how to get that into the browser tab.

Actually, it's been a long time since I've worked with Carrara, and don't remember well how to get the multitude of objects etc. back into the browser tab.  All the info I can find in this forum is for content for "smart" things in 8.5.  Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI

Carrara's own files aren't treated in the same way as "Content"  such as Poser and Daz3D Studio files

The "Carrara Native Content" (samples scenes, shaders, models and scene wizards) needs to be installed into the main Carrara application,

Searching for "Content or Runtimes will oly look for Poser or DS files.

In the Carrara Browser, "Content" tab,.., you should see something like ..."Daz3D Library Runtime" and this will have folders for Figures / Hair / Props etc.

Hope it helps

• "The "Carrara Native Content" (samples scenes, shaders, models and scene wizards) needs to be installed into the main Carrara application,"

Worked great!  If I might add for any others experiencing this problem, the folder(s) holding your Carrara Native Content need to be installed in the same folder where your carrara8.exe is.

Thanks 3dage!