Skin Texture Tests

RafaelRafael Posts: 125
edited December 2023 in Art Studio

Here is a series of skin tests from different artists applied to a model I made. (Genesis 8). Although I have several from the same artists I chose just 1 of each just based on how the render came out. I am not mentioning the specific product just because. It is just a test from the ones I have. They all make great products!

I am using only internal rectangular lights and Internal Iray render. The renders are out of the box but some could have fewer passes than others. I am not a patient guy.

Most of the materials are applied as they come, with 3 exceptions. CrocodileLiu and VOOTW as the textures are originally made for the Asian type or fantasy type, and the colors are paler, I compensated by changing the base color under the diffusion texture. And I removed the bump map on the Hid3D sample.

I originally made these tests to understand how different layers work, especially translucent maps. But also regarding another question on the forum asking for "realistic renders". I want to show the importance of textures. (Especially if someone is only using the default model)

In alphabetical order, except Gen8 Default skin.

Gen 8 Default
Gen 8 Default

CrocodileLiu

HID3D

iSourceTextures

Mousso

TomarsAnimations

VOOTW

Post edited by Rafael on

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,346
    edited December 2023

I think I am going to try a similar test,  because I agree the specific textures and the layer setting interplay, indeed influence a major role on the final render results.  

edit to add video link of my test result.  Interesting variations.

https://youtube.com/shorts/pBoypmuFps8?feature=share

Post edited by FirstBastion on