too many items in texture menu - how to choose?

thilionthilion Posts: 55

I have a scene with many items in it. Therefore the menu when choosing a texture on the surfaces tab is so big that only items from A to P are displayed. Any item that starts with Q to Z is out of the window to the right. When I press the arrow keys on the keyboard, the highlight is moved to the right - and out of the window onto some of the items at the end of the menu.

How can I scroll the menu so I can access any items that are located at the end of that menu?

The only workaround I have found is to choose "browse" and search for the texture on my harddisk, but that is quite difficult, because first I have to find out where the texture is located.

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,605

This was discussed on a previous thread a few months back and from what I remember it's not possible. That menu interface is not really optimised for smaller screens and/or scenes with loads of textures :(

• thilionthilion Posts: 55

Oh, what a bummer...

DPI should put a change onto their list then: to change that from a regular menu to a dropdown list with filter on top. For a programmer, that shouldn't be a challenge.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited January 8

Yup, this annoying problem was discussed here, unfortunately without finding a good workaround. So browsing to folder is the only way, or splitting your scene into several subsets...

You can obviously open a ticket in helpcenter...

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867

have several monitors devil

even then it gets too big

only way I know is to break your scene into subsets

IE save bits you want to change as a scene subset and work on that then delete it from the original scene and merge the fixed one in