Trying to use a custom resolution for render but..

suffo85suffo85 Posts: 155
edited January 8 in New Users

I usually render in UHD 4k, and I had wanted to stack three renders atop one another to make one single 4k image.  The studio application isn't letting me change the resolution very easily, even when set to "custom."

For example what I'd like is to set my resolution to 3840x720 so the width of my image is 3840 pixels and the height is 720, allowing me to stack one on top of the other (in Gimp), to make one 4k image of 3840x2160 at 16:9

The problem is, I can't?  When I change the resolution to be 3840x720 Daz Studio then moves my camera way far back from where it is placed initially and then insanely increases the width even though I have not touched the width, only the height.  I should add the only way Daz Studio even lets me use that as a resolution is by decreasing the aspect ratio to 16:3 - and then it assumes I want some like super widescreen stretched out render.  Am I missing something?

Is the only possible way to accomplish this to render all 3 images in 16:9 and then chop them up in Gimp?  I've tried disabling constraining proportions but that doesn't make a difference.

Post edited by suffo85 on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Do you have the 'Constrain Proportions (Global)' checkbox (just under the Aspect Ration (Global) settings) selected?