Substance painter textured stitches show stains / red blurring in Daz

I am a little bit confused and hope someone can help me: I've created a jacket and textured it in Substance Painter. When I export the texture and use it in Blender it looks quite well but when I use the same texture in Daz the red color of the stitching is much brighter and I see stains and red blurring where there shouldn't be one. I used the same HDRI in Blender and moved the world light around, made it brighter in Blender but I never see these strains and blurring in Blender, only in Daz... and I am quite sure that these red parts are not within the texture. 

Please find attached screenshots of the render results in Daz (iray) and Blender (cycles). I've also added the texture (smaller, it is 4K but I think it is too large to upload here)

daz.png
734 x 788 - 986K
blender.png
650 x 502 - 598K
jacke.1001.BaseColor small.png
2048 x 2048 - 2M

Comments

• DissendiorDissendior Posts: 110

I managed to find the part in the texture which is seen in the screenshot... I marked it with turquoise. When I enlarge the texture I need to admit that there is some red inbetween the stitches but I still wonder why it is much more visible in daz.

jacke.1001.BaseColor small marked.png
    2048 x 2048 - 2M
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Iray is different from Cycles... as well as Texture Compression. Increase threshold of Texture Compression in DS Render Settings for a test.

And what's the format of texture maps you exported from Pt ? Better use lossless PNG...

Hey... I don't find any texture comporession under "Render Settngs"?! is it a setting in the render tab? I already use PNG

Any idea why my attachments for the post disappeared?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited January 8

Dissendior said:

Hey... I don't find any texture comporession under "Render Settngs"?! is it a setting in the render tab? I already use PNG

Any idea why my attachments for the post disappeared?

Render Settings - Advanced tab... at the top, as below attached. Set them to 4096 - 8192 first. If the results are still not good with PNG, try TIFF format, and optimize the UV layout as well...

I can see your attachments.

SNAG-2024-1-8-0057.png
    496 x 1302 - 69K
    Post edited by crosswind on

ah thank you...