Help me bring my Viewport back

Hi everyone,

I have an embarrassing question to ask.  I’ve lost my Viewport, and I need help finding it!

I was changing things on Daz (I use an old version, 4.12) and I inadvertently switched off the Viewport and the Render Library.  Now I cannot find any way to make them show again!  There is no small menu icon for them anymore so I cannot click on that.

I tried reloading Daz from another computer (on which it works fine) but when it is reloaded the same problem exists; I cannot see or find the Viewport or the Render library and the centre of my Daz screen is blank.

Any suggestions to bring the Viewport back will be gratefully received!

(I would prefer not to start again with the latest version of Daz.  I use primitive planes for lighting on many scenes and I found when I tried to move from 4.12 to the latest version of Daz all my lighting on earlier scenes was wrong because of changes to the way primitive planes are used.)

Comments

• So they are not listed in Window>Panes(Tabs)?

• WillanikWillanik Posts: 44

Yes they are.  I can open Viewport then drag it to fill the avialabe space. .Thank you Richard! 

Is there a way to "lock" it in, so that it exands when I temporarily minimse other panes?

Not a problem, it just "docked".

And now another issue has come up.  Previously, if I left-clicked my mouse on an item in the Viewport, it would open in the Scene section and I could then work on it.

But now when I click on an item in the (newly restored) Viewport this function does not work.  Instead, I need to go to the Scene section and work my way manually to, for example, a character's head, rather the being able to reach it immediately by clicking on it in the Viewport.

Can anyone tell me how to restore this useful function?  Many thanks for any help.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,605

Which tool do you have active?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited January 9

Willanik said:

And now another issue has come up.  Previously, if I left-clicked my mouse on an item in the Viewport, it would open in the Scene section and I could then work on it.

But now when I click on an item in the (newly restored) Viewport this function does not work.  Instead, I need to go to the Scene section and work my way manually to, for example, a character's head, rather the being able to reach it immediately by clicking on it in the Viewport.

Can anyone tell me how to restore this useful function?  Many thanks for any help.

First check in Tools Settings pane as below ~ Choose Node option if it's not...

And yes, Alt + Shift + T or Alt + Shift + U, by the way ~

SNAG-2024-1-9-0061.png
    597 x 1394 - 70K
    Post edited by crosswind on

Many thanks SofaCitizen and Crosswind, that fixed it.