Rotating fitted items from G3 to G8

This is probably a simple answer I haven't figured out yet, but after losing what little hair I have left, I figured I'd ask here. I have a G8M model that I attached a piece of G3M clothing to. In this case, the hat from the Hip Hop Outfit. I don't really understand clones and the technical side of how it translates, but when I double clicked on the item, it brought up the dialogue box for fitting. I selected the G3M option in the first dropdown, left the second one alone, and pressed Okay. It did its kajillion calculations, and then VOILA!, there it sat beautifully on his brutish head. I fiddled with the few dials that allow me to tip it forward and whatnot. But what I really want to do with it is rotate it slightly so that it sits at an angle (I think in Daz, it's the Y axis: in Blender it's the Z axis). When I messed with the translate options on the side, it showed the gray outline box moving, but the clothing itself remained in place. Normally I'd just export it as-is, take it into Blender, and do the work there (as that's where the model is heading anyhow). The only drawback is that once I do that, I have to sculpt/refine the hat mesh to account for the difference in shape when I do rotate it, and I'd rather Daz just do the work for me. So, is what I'm asking possible, or am I doomed to play Picasso in another program? LOL! Happy New Year to everyone, and any feedback would be appreciated!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Change Hat's Fit to Mode to Auto Follow Transforms before manipulating Translate / Rotate.

• crosswind said:

Change Hat's Fit to Mode to Auto Follow Transforms before manipulating Translate / Rotate.

OMG, Crosswind, you are my new Daz BFF! Not only did you answer my question (and it worked), but your picture is a cat. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
    :)

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

jwcjaygaines said:

crosswind said:

OMG, Crosswind, you are my new Daz BFF! Not only did you answer my question (and it worked), but your picture is a cat. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
    :)

You're welcome! Happy rendering yeslaugh