Daz running slow on my system

Hey guys complete newbie here. I noticed that Daz runs quite slow in Nvidia Iray and when performing more heavy tasks. The only reason I'm asking this is because I've seen youtubers in the tuturials I follow with worse PC specs than mine running the exact same scene in Nvidia Iray yet having it run smoothly.

These are my specs:

• Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770
  • 300 MHz (300 MHz)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 (24576 MB)
  • 2235 MHz (2235 MHz)
  • 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K
  • 3000 MHz (5489 MHz)
  • 32768 MB(2 x DDR4-0)

Anything I could do to make it go faster?

Thanks so much

Comments

• 32 GB of system memory isn't that much, it certainly won't let you take anything like full advantage of the memory capacity of the 4090.

• Amriluk The computer system you have could be capable of running Daz Studio 4.x.

Two options either of them or both would sufice.

First you may need to upgrade your System with an SSD NVME drive, (Windows 10 or 11 should be installed in this drive, if you have a mechanical drive this can serve as storage for Daz Studio and related files) know that this drive must be installed into the Motherboard.

The Second option is to upgrade your RAM from 32 GB to 64 GB.

These upgraddes will make your Windows System run more faster.

The only downside is you have to spend some money to get the desired results.

All depends if you bought your system from a computer dealer or if you have a DIY system.

• AmrilukAmriluk Posts: 0

Halcon Bluesky said:

Amriluk The computer system you have could be capable of running Daz Studio 4.x.

Two options either of them or both would sufice.

First you may need to upgrade your System with an SSD NVME drive, (Windows 10 or 11 should be installed in this drive, if you have a mechanical drive this can serve as storage for Daz Studio and related files) know that this drive must be installed into the Motherboard.

The Second option is to upgrade your RAM from 32 GB to 64 GB.

These upgraddes will make your Windows System run more faster.

The only downside is you have to spend some money to get the desired results.

All depends if you bought your system from a computer dealer or if you have a DIY system.

Thanks so much! So all I have to do is upgrade my ram and it will work fine? 

• Amriluk I have been provided with a 12 Generation Core i9 Intel processor, a Samsung 2 Tb SSD NVME, 8 Tb Seagate HDD, 64 Gb x 4 DDR 5 RAM and an Nvidia RTX 3060 12 Gb GDDR RAM Video Card,

No plans to get the newest Nvidia RTX 40 series video card.

The system runs ok.

If you are not happy with the computer specs you have, you may look for a brand new system.

My advice to you, keep the system, upgrade these two components and you will notice the difference.

Swap the two Memory modules and get get four 16 Gb RAM modules into your Computer Motherboard, if this can be feasible.

Consult you Motherboard Manual, it may support a maximum of 128 GB RAM.

Good luck!