Selecting Surface with the same name

Hello, I have imported an FBX model from Sketchup and I want to apply materials to it in Daz. However, since the faces are separated, it's a huge task to select each face individually. I was wondering if there is an easier way, that would help me in selecting all faces with the same names (as they all had the same material in Sketchup, hence their names are the same) at once, or even linking the material of those faces so that I don't have to select each one individually. Thank you.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

If in Surface pane, Ctrl + Select the surfaces... if with Geometry Editor (Alt + Shift + G), in Tool Settings pane, click "+" sign to add Surfaces / Face Groups to the selction. If there's no Face Group, better create a Face Group for the surfaces that have the same name.

• nisdev60nisdev60 Posts: 4

Thank you. I thought there might be a simpler way to accomplish this without having to individually select each surface.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158

I don't know whether this will help you, but it sounds similar to what you want to do: Search and Select Surfaces thread

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

I didn't know there's a such a useful script. Thanks @MelanieL ! yes

• nisdev60nisdev60 Posts: 4

MelanieL said:

I don't know whether this will help you, but it sounds similar to what you want to do: Search and Select Surfaces thread

Thank you Litterary what I needed