How To Transfer A Morph From One Clothing Item To Another

I've gotten some search results, but they're either very old or vague. I know there is a way to transfer a clothing morph, such as "right side lower" from a clothing item that has it to one that doesn't, but I haven't found it. Some of the search results refered to a "transfer utility". Is this utility part of DAZ or is it a product I can buy?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,198

Transfer Utility is built into Daz Studio. Be sure you have entered your serial number (available in your account) to access the full DS feature set.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 147

Thanks for the response, barbult. I don't know that I've ever entered my serial number in DAZ. Where do I enter the serial number?

• gfdamron1 said:

Thanks for the response, barbult. I don't know that I've ever entered my serial number in DAZ. Where do I enter the serial number?

help>about installed plugins

If a plugin is missing a serial, you'll see a space to enter it in that list. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

What barbult mentioned is the serial no. for Daz Studio Pro version. 1stly check what DS version are you using... Pro verison serial no. can be found in here - https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

If you're using non Pro version, register Pro verson from : DS - Help - Register Daz Studio...

edited January 20

Thanks for the additional information, crosswind. When I register the serial no. will this cause DAZ Studio to connect on line whenever I open it?

I should also clarify that I do have an option "Transfer Active Morphs". When I press that I get a message: "You must use a figure built using Parametric Joint Parameters... in order to perform this action." Does this have anything to do with what I'm trying to do?

Post edited by gfdamron1 on
    edited January 20

gfdamron1 said:

Thanks for the additional information, crosswind. When I register the serial no. will this cause DAZ Studio to connect on line whenever I open it?

If you're using the latest General Release version 4.22.0.15, pls uncheck Automatically Login and Update Metadata... it won't connect to Daz when you launch DS. Or, presse F2, Startup tab, uncheck all.

Pls try it....as it was a long time ago when I registered DS... blush

Post edited by crosswind on

It looks like I have the Pro version, and I registered it. So far I don't see any difference with what I had earlier, but I might not be looking in the right place.

gfdamron1 said:

It looks like I have the Pro version, and I registered it. So far I don't see any difference with what I had earlier, but I might not be looking in the right place.

Just check if you have Transfer Utility under menu : Edit - Figure - Tansfer Utility...

Thanks for the help, crosswind! I found the Transfer Utility and I've been experimenting with it- it's pretty cool!