Install manager blues

For a long time I have been saving my content manually to an external drive. To save space on my machime primarily. But it is getting to be a chore to do this as I get older and less nimble with the process. So I tried using Install Manager to install my purchased content into the default My Daz 3D Library. As expected the content arrives in what to me seems random places within thelibrary. I like to have my content organised by figure/character/clothing/poses etc. Is there any way to organise IM so that the content arrives in the library perhaps in one location for whatever the item is classified as. For example I purchased a V4 item called Ruffla and it loads into the library using IM as follows.

Runtime/libraries/character/V4 Ruffla I find the actuall items.  in Runtime/libraries/pose are the mat files.

I suppose there is a logic to this but it means I have to search for the contents files and the edit the entire thing which is really time consuming.

Is there a way to simplify this processAny help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

The content files are installed by DIM, according to the manifest.dsx file in IM package in which the file paths are defined. There's no configurable way in IM to re-organize the paths...unless you modify the manifest.dsx as well as metadata dsx file in IM package.

Besides, you can directly use Smart Content after installation...i.e. you don't have to manually re-organize the content folders...