Clothes with custom mesh.

aarat373aarat373 Posts: 5
edited January 26 in New Users

Hi. 
I have a question. Can I load my human mesh(custom Maya) into Daz and apply Daz's clothing to that mesh? Then export Daz’s clothes to Maya and skin the clothes to my rig.

Is there some kind of tutorial on how to attach clothes to a custom mesh?

I'm a Maya user, I don't know Daz*.

Post edited by aarat373 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

Why not just export the clothes out of DS and do the rest of the work in Maya? Unless your custom figure was built off a Genesis model, you won't really get the benefit of DS's fitting system. 

• aarat373aarat373 Posts: 5

Gordig said:

Why not just export the clothes out of DS and do the rest of the work in Maya? Unless your custom figure was built off a Genesis model, you won't really get the benefit of DS's fitting system. 

thank you sir

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

To expand on my previous post, DS is first and foremost a platform for using Daz content. You put Daz clothes and Daz hair on a Genesis figure, and everything works great. It's possible to use non-Daz content in DS, especially if that content was made for DS but just sold/given away somewhere else, but that's not really what it's for. If you wanted to fit the clothes to your figure in DS, you could do that, but it would involve rigging your character inside DS to a Genesis skeleton, particularly through the transfer utility. Whether it would be worth it for you to learn how to do that is up to you.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,367

With the understanding that there are restirction for use of the Daz clothing mesh outside of the daz3d universe.  You can't use clothing items that were created by others   except for personal use,  and to make your own 2d renders and animation only.  Just because you got the clothing to work in Maya does not give you the license to sell it or give it away even if it is on your own personal character model creation.  That is still derivative use of the clothing and not within the scope of the standard license you agree to here at Daz,  There are rules of use.