Hair color issue

Hi,

I have a DS 4.20 Pro issue where I cannot seem to get certain hair products to change color, namely the "dForce Classic Wavy Side Bangs Hair for Genesis 9, 8 and 8.1 Female" and the "dForce Classic Blowout Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females".

The hair does not change color when I select a material in the menu. I get an error message that says-

2024-01-28 06:40:06.533 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...

2024-01-28 06:40:07.248 [WARNING] :: Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.

2024-01-28 06:40:07.248 [INFO] :: Error loading asset

How can I fix this issue? Sorry if it is a common question. I don’t spend a lot of time in the forums.

Thanks.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,206

Is the hair fitted and parented to the figure? Hierarchical presets require....well, hierarchy. The "root" in your warning refers to a G8 or G8.1F. What is selected when you try to apply the preset? Try selecting the figure first.

• Thanks for the help. The hair is parented to the figure, in this case G9. I tried the G8 hair since the G9 hair also did not work. I've tried selecting both the hair when applying the preset, and now that you suggested it, I tried selecting the figure as well. Neither works.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,206

Just for the sake of thoroughness, try applying that hair to a G8F and applying a material preset. At least then we can rule out a problem with the product.

• The G8 hair changes color when it is on Gen 8 Female. I tried the G9 hair on a G9 figure again and it does not change color.... wierd.

• I looked and saw there are separate colors for the two different hair figures. I double checked and tried the G9 color on the G9 hair...... didn't work.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited January 28

Do you have the lastest products of G8 and G9 Starter Essentials updated ?  Now both of G8.1 / G9 have Alias support for previous generations. So as for these two hair products, no matter you select root figure or the hairs, H.Material Presets can always be applied. There's no error on my side...

Pls check if you've updated Starter Essentials first...and / or better post a screenshot

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Ah, I went and updated the Metadata to the Starter Essentials and now it works. Thanks!