Dining Poses for G9

Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 287
edited January 28 in New Users

Hello, I need to have some dining poses for G9 characters.

I want to make some renders for a relative, I have a few poses.

Problem is the poses are mostly available in G8.

Edit: I need some seated poses, I can't get these.

Can I convert some of the poses to be ready to use for G9?

Is there any free poses as well?

Your input is appreciated, thanks!

Post edited by Halcon Bluesky on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited January 29

For pose conversion, some great freebie converters are in here: - https://www.renderosity.com/users/n_alexandru/freestuff

As for free poses, you may search "sitting" on Rendo - Free Stuff page, like this one: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/96785/poses-for-genesis-81-male-sitting-on-sofa-chair

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Dear crosswind the first hurdle has been overcome, some of the poses I do have I can use it.

Now look at the capture, the environment looks dark, I want to locate the controls to correct it, give me an example and I will try to do that.

The environment is a modern house bought here in the store.

incomplete scene.jpg
    776 x 1787 - 250K

You better name the product 'because different interior products have different cases in terms of lighting setup. A simple way: you may firstly add a couple of spot lights around the characters in the room...

• crosswind I didn't had the name handy.

Have a look to this:

https://www.daz3d.com/modern-vacation-house

I am not sure if I can take out some of the house features as these will not be visible when rendering.

The other details are the camera views, the one in the capture image is Camera 1, can I delete the other camera views?

At least, I have managed to position the character in one of the room environment, I have to wrestle with the controls for the lighting and have a more balanced detail.

While it looks a bit cheaper in the store, when buying it the exchange rate double the cost, then there is no real savings, this is disheartening for me :(

Yes, you may certainly customize the scene by removing or hiding some of the "features" or components, just like building-blocks. For instance, the cameras as you said, feel free to delete the ones that you don't really need.

And yes, when US$ exchange rate rises against your local currency, "savings" will be less than before...

SNAG-2024-1-29-0038.png
    2560 x 1400 - 3M
  • Thanks crosswind I will follow the example you gave me.

Hey, you seems to me you have a hangover, because I believe you don't sleep well.

As a "Gato" you have 7 lives, don't understimate it, better drink a Berocca effervecent tablet in the morning to replening your energy smiley

Thank you, my friend ! I will... haha devil

• ElorElor Posts: 707
    edited January 29

If you need poses for hands holding tableware, Katastrophe shared a set for Genesis on ShareCG (you need an account to download them):

https://sharecg.com/v/76062/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Eat-Drink-and-Be-Merry-for-Genesis

The poses set also includes poses for the props, that was free a couple of months ago, so you may have it in your library:

https://www.daz3d.com/diner-tableware

If you have it, once it’s installed, it’ll be in Poser Format > My DAZ 3D Library > Props > B9999 > B9Diner > Tableware

As this set is built for Genesis, you’ll have to, even after using the converter quoted by @crosswind (I also use it), you’ll have to do some adjustment: Genesis use a ’T Pose’ as its base pose, Genesis 9 uses an ‘A Pose’. Genesis 9 is smaller than Genesis (or pretty much every other Genesis generation). And no converter will get everything perfectly between two generations.

Note that the props’ poses don’t parent them (as far as I can tell) with the figure. You’ll have to do it and you’ll have to do it before posing the figure: the props’ pose will send them where Genesis hand is when the figure is in its base T pose.

To get Genesis 9’s arms in a pose similar to the Genesis’s base pose, you’ll have to move Genesis 9 arms as follows (they are maybe better values elsewhere but it looks close enough to my eyes):

• Left Upper Arm: bend = 45
    • Left Forearm: bend = -12
    • Right Upper Arm: bend = -45
    • Right Forearm: bend = -12

Two fast renders (Genesis in blue, Genesis 9 with ‘Base Masculine’ dialled in, in green) with:

• a knife posed in the left hand of Genesis (it’s how it’s looking when Daz converts its textures to iRay, you may have to use another shader on it)
    • the left-hand pose applied to both Genesis and Genesis 9
    • Genesis 9’s arm posed with the values listed before

And while I was finished writing this message, I did another fast render applying the ‘Silver – Metal’ shader included in Daz studio on the knife (your house seems to be for high-end vacation, so Silver it is cheeky):

Now, let’s hope that the forum will play nicely while I edit my message to include the pictures directly in it.

It did, thank you dear forum.

G1_G9_Arms.jpg
    800 x 800 - 53K
    G1_G9_Knife.jpg
    800 x 800 - 44K
    G1_G9_Knife_Silver.jpg
    800 x 800 - 43K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • crosswind I have tried to get the environment lighting in good conditions, it looks granular.

The other thing I cant get it like the picture you put it above.

The settings in the Render panel, I have tried 2400 x 2400 px 1.0 in both.

It does not let me get the desired output, if I change the dimensions via other methods it will cut part of the image.

At the moment I am in a dire situation, I swapped my monitor for another but it did not work and I had to revert back to my big monitor, this unsettled my Windows 11 install and it says "Activate Windows" I can't do any thing at this stage, maybe later I will do a clean install and try to solve this issue.

I got a really stretch time, I need to get my render ready and wait for my relative to get a surprise.

I had deleted the cameras, I don't know if I did well or not.

some of the things were floating, other adjustments there, but I need to get it right, any other suggestion where I do look for?

Thanks beforehand for your assistance

To me, it's pretty simple, I just kept Camera 3 and tweaked Exposure Value a bit, set Max Samples to 3000, nothing else...

I attached the scene file down below. You may give it a check....

BTW, what's the graphics card that you use ?

duf
    duf
    Modern Vacation.duf
    2M
  • crosswind Thanks for your prompt reply.

My computer system has the 12th Generation Intel Core i9, Samsung SSD NVMe EVO Plus 970 2TB, 64 GB DDR 5 RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 and 8 TB Seagate HDD.

As you can imagine, it has enough power to keep working.

Don't forget to get your vitamin B (Berocca) cheeky

Halcon Bluesky said:

crosswind Thanks for your prompt reply.

My computer system has the 12th Generation Intel Core i9, Samsung SSD NVMe EVO Plus 970 2TB, 64 GB DDR 5 RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 and 8 TB Seagate HDD.

As you can imagine, it has enough power to keep working.

Don't forget to get your vitamin B (Berocca) cheeky

Right here right now, the pills are dancing on my tongue... wahaha ~~laugh

• crosswind Thanks for your help!

I had deleted the environment only, but kept the figure and other elements I was working on.

I were making some changes to the render.

While I was doing it, some imperfections appeared in the way, stopped the rendering process and tried to correct that area, agian, doing the render, another mischief.

I corrected all the nuisances and did the final render.

It probably took 2 hours or more to complete. 

I could not see the whole progress, I was busy in the kitchen, I ate some Leg Ham fillets toasted or grilled in a sandwich grill machine.

The end result for the render is wonderful.

I will use Libre Office to finish the special Greeting card.

Daz Studio is a very good software.

I wonder, how did you got that environment?

I will try to populate the Gallery, I will do it later.

Turn your Sound system On, and dance the Macarena! (If you have your Girfriend/Wife)

Until next time my dear friend! smiley

Oh, that's great !

As for the Environment, you can create it from the menu: Create - New Environment Options Node... or just press Ctrl + 0 to Iray Preview, Environment node will be automatically created.

Well, I'm clumsy but only good at swing dance, ha! My wife is a gym coach, she's nearly good at everything as well as teaching me.

Have a good day my friend !