What to install

I am such a newbie and confused. I installed Daz on my window 11 PC. It went without a problem. Then it a opened a long list of files to download and install. Do I need all of these? Do I need just a few. If so  which ones? 
My nephew said I should try this since I like fooling around with new things. He didn't say the thing was going to be huge. The top 2 things on this list were over a gigabit. I tried to watch an install video, but it wasn't the same version. The PC already had Daz installed and this thing called the Install Manager didn't show to install what mine did. 
I would welcome any help. Thanks

Comments

• The Genesis # Starter Essentials give the figure, and some basic clothes and hair, for each generation. 8 and/or 9 would seem good places to start. The Default Resources have a lot of general essentials (for lights and shaders, which tell the application how things should look) so they are pretty much essential. Beyond that, you can install stuff as you need it - though the various Ready To Render sets will give you samples to pick apart.