Can't see viewport ground mesh as corner brackets and green line in front

Hi! I've just opened Daz Studio for the first time in a week and in front of the ground grid/mesh of an empty scene there's a black box with corner markers and a green vertical line. I've tried creating a new scene but no joy - the whatever-it-is is still there in front of the empty scene. See attaached screenshot. What is this thing and how do I get rid of it?

If I select it and right click, the context menu includes "Delete Environment Options" and "Change Environment Options Parent" so I'm guessing this is something to do with the environment lighting that is used to light a character for rendering? The last thing I was doing in Daz Studio before my week away was following one of the video tutorials and it had taken me as far as showing where the options were for tweaking the environment surrounding the scene. I don't remember exactly what I was doing, though, so I'm not sure if I changed something. I could just click on that "Delete Environment Options" in the context menu, but I'm scared to in case I'm deleting something I shouldn't delete and will end up just making things worse.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

2024-02-02--01 Daz Studio unknown box over scene.png
926 x 700 - 113K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

You're now in Front View (orthogonal)... press Ctrl + P to Perspective View or select it from View Selection dropdown list in the upper right corner of Viewport. The "box(es)" in the middle come from render related Tonemapper and Environment Option nodes in the scene... They can be created via the menu Create... or after you press Ctrl + 0 to Iray Preview. They're always there in the scene as long as you'll go for rendering the scene.

If you don't want to see the "boxes" in Viewport, go to Scene pane, click Eye icons on the left of those 2 nodes...

SNAG-2024-2-2-0064.png
    2023 x 1397 - 163K
  • Thank you ever so much. That was so easy, but I'd never have worked it out on my own. Ta!