How to transfer several products to a custom category at once ?

Hi, i'm currently building my daz library from scratch and there's this annoying issue i'm having. I'm trying to place several assets in smart content to a custom category but it's just too much time-consuming. I have to do it individually and it's kinda annoying. Is there any way i could select several assets and place them at once ?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you talking about multiple items from one product, or multiple products?  You can select multiple items using the usual Ctrl-click and Shift-click.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Pls bear in mind that Categorize operation has to be done to files rather than a product. So you either select multiple files in one product then Categorize, or use Content DB Editor to Categorize, or undock Content Library, then drag files to a certain Catogory in Smart Content...

• Multi-select (in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats), right-click>Categorise.

• MelonLordMelonLord Posts: 45
    edited February 4

Fixmypcmike said:

Are you talking about multiple items from one product, or multiple products?  You can select multiple items using the usual Ctrl-click and Shift-click.

Sorry for the confusion, i'm talking about multiple products, not individual assets. I'm trying to group several G9 male products together under my custom "G9 Male" subcategory

Post edited by MelonLord on
  • If they are characters they should have files in /People/Genesis 9/Characters, you could multi-select those and right-click>Categorise. As long as a product has at least one file in a cateogry, and compatible with the current selection ifd the filtering is on, it will show in the category in the Products tab of Smart Content.

• MelonLordMelonLord Posts: 45

Richard Haseltine said:

If they are characters they should have files in /People/Genesis 9/Characters, you could multi-select those and right-click>Categorise. As long as a product has at least one file in a cateogry, and compatible with the current selection ifd the filtering is on, it will show in the category in the Products tab of Smart Content.

Thanks a lot, did as you've said and the result turned out great. It's much better than categorizing the whole product