X RAY Effect

Hello,

I would like someone to explain to me how to achieve the effect/texture of a holographic X-ray? If possible, with wireframe on my object to give it a retro sci-fi look,

please.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

There's a set of shaders to give a holographic wireframe effect to content, is that the kind of effect you're looking for? https://www.daz3d.com/wireframe-and-hologram-shaders-for-iray

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

Can you post a sample image of the effect?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128
    edited February 6

Identifiant - If you want to do for something like the example below in Bryce, I can help you. I can also help you for 3D Anaglyhs but not holography.

Alien Mite

AlienMite.jpg
    800 x 800 - 74K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Thanks for the answers

@Horo ; looks amazing ! if u can show me or explan me the process please .. i would to do old retro scifi with human mannequin with xray texture for example

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,839

Wow Horo, I love the look of that.

Identifiant - There is a video "Bryce 5 minute effect project - fluorescent electron edge - a tutorial by David Brinnen." on YouTube. I made a Memo from the video, you find the links on my Website:
    Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Memos (PDF) > Lighting > Fluorescent Edge.

NGartplay - thank you.

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

im jotting this down for a contest idea

• @Horo
    You think it's possible to share the material with us ? or screen shot of materiel setup ? please

edited February 15

Identifiant - I hope this picture will be of some help. Click on image to get the full size.

Alien Mite Settings

AlienMiteSetting.jpg
    1916 x 1197 - 360K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Thank you !
    you're the best ! < 3

• Thank you ! this is my result "first try"
    looks very cool ! thaaaaank you i love haha

Vaisseau PS1.png
    800 x 800 - 208K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Wow it came out very nice Identifiant

Definitely excellent result Identifiant.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

Identifiant : cool result, well done.

• @Horo
    On your schedule I didn't understand the part with the cylinder on the camera.. is it a light or a solid? I don't know

Identifiant - just a grey tube, a positive cylinder opened by a bit smaller but a bit longer negative one (grouped). The camera looks through it so we get a bit of the effect of looking through a microscope tube. It is not important as such.

edited February 24

I tried this effect following Horo’s instructions above. @Horo is this effect the same as surface scattering effect? The object is a freebie.

ufo.jpg
    800 x 800 - 161K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - I do not know how a surface scattering effect ought to look. Whatever, I find your render looks very nice.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

mermaid : cool result, very beautiful.

Thanks Horo and Adbc. @Horo There is a Hyperscattering file in the Hyper texture Expansion product. I was referring to a video by David on Surface Scattering. I remember doing this tutorial but can’t find the relative file, I’ll do it again for fun.

edited February 25

mermaid - I remember having seen this tutorial and after about 2 hours, I found it on my computer - I had saved it inadvertently under Wings3D. Great video, I have to experiment with this idea sometime, thank you for mentioning it. By the way, we made many videos (David many more than I) for the Bryce DVD 2 which DAZ did not accept.

Post edited by Horo on

mermaid - I watched the video and gave it also a try. I have my test render at Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621

mermaid010 said:

I tried this effect following Horo’s instructions above. @Horo is this effect the same as surface scattering effect? The object is a freebie.

Oooh! heartyes I recognize that little puppy! "UFO" by Gary & Silvia Anderson... and was sort of a precursor to their "Space: 1999" series. Awesome show!

Where did you get it?

edited February 29

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

Oooh! heartyes I recognize that little puppy! "UFO" by Gary & Silvia Anderson... and was sort of a precursor to their "Space: 1999" series. Awesome show!

Where did you get it?

@Ryuu@AMcCF

Sorry I don't know where I got it from, I downloaded it a long time ago and it's only very recently that I started adding information about the freebies I download. It's one of these four sites, ShareCG, most probable as it is my main source for freebies and Bryce files; Renderosity, Turbosquid and Archive3D. @lukon100 mentioned its most likely a Gerry Anderson UFO, in a comment in the Gallery.

Eta: https://sharecg.com/v/80049/view/5/3D-Model/Gerry-Anderson-UFO-TV-Series    ; thanks lukon for mentioning the nameyes

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757

Cool effects, people!