Shader Question

I'm sure it's probably something simple that I've overlooked, but I would like to know how to make a shader of a specific type.. For an example: Say I had made a shader that only contained a normal map and I wanted to be able to double-click this and only affect the Normal Channel of a selected shader (without overwriting or removing any other maps, other than the Normal). Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,172
    edited February 10

You can save a material preset (File -> Save As -> Material(s) Preset) and check only the normal map.

edit: actually, you should probably save a shader preset instead, since material presets are tied to surfaces while shader presets are not.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • That is, when you save a preset you first get a file dialogue asking for the name and location, then you get an options dialogue and in that you can geenrally select exactly what you want to include from a hierarchical list - usually there is an option menu to the right, which will allow you to select multiple things at once (e.g. all used properties).