Content Wizard crashing Daz Studio 4.22

has anyone aelse had problems with Content Wizard crashing daz studio? I set up a product with Content Wizard then unzip the files, analyze them, and then set up all the smart content no problems. I then install the content again with no problems. Finally I go to install the smart content and then DAZ Studio crashes back to the desktop. The wierd part is that Content Wizard doesn't stop, it just keeps going and will successfully install the smart content. i can even go on to save the config file and make the install files. At which point I then close Content Wizard and have to restart DAZ Studio.

The fact that Content Wizard keeps running implies that it's a Daz Studio problem. I've filed two bug reports a month ago but haven't heard anything.

It's not a fatal flaw since the scirpt finishes installing the product so it's mostly an inconvenience. 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,125
    edited February 11

CW is just a Daz script which should not cause DS to crash. I've been using CW for years but haven't experienced such an issue...

I never logon Daz Connect, so maybe you can try running CW with DS offline.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Content Wizard is not a srand-alone application, it cannot be running fi DS is not there to provide its environment. How did you install Content Wizard itself? What do you mean by installing Smart Content - installing will add the metadata. In any event, there is a support thread for this application to which you would do better to post - there should be a link in the Content Wizard files in DS.