How can I apply Face Burns for G8F on a G9 figure?

Is there a way/product/converter I can use to apply the awesome HD Face Burns and add-on for G8F onto my G9 character? Thanks!

--Michael

Comments

• Well, you could use a texture baker and a version of Genesis 8 shaped to match 9 (or vice versa) to make a new version of the map. If you want to use Genesis 9 maps for the character I am not sure I can think of any other approach.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028

Thank you very much for the support, I'm happy you like our products. Genesis 9 and Genesis 8 use different UVs, and those particular textures use normal maps and displacement to bring the details. So, transferring to a different UV may work at the expense of causing seams. Doing HD Burns products for Genesis 9 is on our to-do list, if that helps. That said, I imagine using this product would help: https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-genesis-8-and-81-male-material-suit-for-genesis-9 << though, how I understand it, you would only be able to use materials and textures from G8/.1 on G9, which means you would have to use a G8 skin on your G9 as well.

• edited February 13

FenixPhoenix said:

Doing HD Burns products for Genesis 9 is on our to-do list, if that helps. 

I will cheerfully and eagerly await this product, then! I need my main character to look *right,* and not kludged together. Thanks for your response!

[ETA] If it makes a difference in planning, I have a sci-fi character whose face and arm were "burned" by cryo-chemicals (I guess "freezer-burned" would be appropriate) resulting in cybernetic replacements, so the ability to choose non-flame-burnt coloring is a huge plus for my specific application...

Post edited by productionplatform3_720ff329db on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Well, you could use a texture baker and a version of Genesis 8 shaped to match 9 (or vice versa) to make a new version of the map. If you want to use Genesis 9 maps for the character I am not sure I can think of any other approach.

I'll keep that in mind for other projects, based on the knowledge that burns are coming! Thanks for your help!

• FenixPhoenix said:

That said, I imagine using this product would help: https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-genesis-8-and-81-male-material-suit-for-genesis-9 << though, how I understand it, you would only be able to use materials and textures from G8/.1 on G9, which means you would have to use a G8 skin on your G9 as well.

For future projects, I'll definitely have to experiment with this - thanks!  

productionplatform3_720ff329db said:

FenixPhoenix said:

Doing HD Burns products for Genesis 9 is on our to-do list, if that helps. 

I will cheerfully and eagerly await this product, then! I need my main character to look *right,* and not kludged together. Thanks for your response!

[ETA] If it makes a difference in planning, I have a sci-fi character whose face and arm were "burned" by cryo-chemicals (I guess "freezer-burned" would be appropriate) resulting in cybernetic replacements, so the ability to choose non-flame-burnt coloring is a huge plus for my specific application...

We will be handling the burns textures with a Geoshell wearable, like we did with the HD Body Burns for G8, so that should allow you to change things without altering your character's underlying skins. I will keep in mind this and included some extra texture options for more sci-fi/fantasy types of burn effects for sure.

If your character's burns are primarily in his face, our FPE Universal Horn Damage Add-On for Genesis 9 (already submitted, tested, and pending release) could help you out in the meantime. Although we did this as an add-on for our FPE Universal Horns for Genesis 9, this product can be used as a stand-alone to apply some damage to your character via a Geoshell. And carbonized and burn scars are included within the damage types, as shown in the images below:

• Oh... those look promising, too! I'll definitely be on the look-out for those, as well! (Plus, more horn sets are always good anyway!)

edited February 13

productionplatform3_720ff329db said:

Oh... those look promising, too! I'll definitely be on the look-out for those, as well! (Plus, more horn sets are always good anyway!)

If you decide to get the product, reach out to us and I can experiment with the settings to see if we can achieve a material option for the cryo burns your character has by changing the hue. I assume you'd want it to have a blue or green tint?

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • I got the set. The WHOLE set. Downloading it today/RIGHT NOW. I was definitely thinking a blue/ice-blue tint, but green ... has other potentials. Alien spore infestation? Sounds good to me. Can't wait to start working with these - thank you!!

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the support. Ok, so I'm playing with the settings to see what we can come up with. I'll post the result here to see if this is more or less what you're looking for. Then I can build the presets and share them :).

• I know me some welders who need to hurry up and finish their assignment so I can get out of work and go home to work on this!! <G> (I'm the safety guy, so I kinda GOTTA be here if they are working...)

edited February 25

Hi Michael,

I finally had some time today to sit down and play with the settings. I couldn't decide on the cryo-type burn effect, so I made several options. Anyone can download the package I'm attaching here and place it into the Burns MAT folder of the Damage Add-On. I'm adding a couple of promos showing these more fantasy effects. This experiment gives me some fantastic ideas of other types of burn mats/effects to include when we do the Face and Body Burn packs for Genesis 9.

zip
    zip
    Burn Scars G9 Extra MATs.zip
    UniversalHornsG9M_AOD_BonusMATs.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    UniversalHornsG9M_AOD_BonusMATs02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Oh, WOW!! Can't wait to try these out - thank you so much!! (I mean, I'm sure my character absolutely hates you for it, but hey - it didn't KILL her so it made her stronger, right?)

Thanks again for the support, Michael! I wish your character good luck! :D

• Took longer than I wanted, but here is a look at the character! I went with the straight burn effect first - I'll work with the cryo mats later. I AM SO THRILLED!!! Thanks so much!

mira 007a myrla test full.png
    1199 x 1697 - 2M
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,163

Gotta say, love the g8 and 8.1 burns (have all the g8f ones and their addons.) Looking forward to G9 sets. 

Took longer than I wanted, but here is a look at the character! I went with the straight burn effect first - I'll work with the cryo mats later. I AM SO THRILLED!!! Thanks so much!

Awesome! The character looks great!

Gotta say, love the g8 and 8.1 burns (have all the g8f ones and their addons.) Looking forward to G9 sets. 

Thank you so much for the support! The burns are indeed in our to-do list alongside the bruises and wounds sets!