Eyelid control missing on G8M

I could use some advice here. When working with G8M figures, the ability to control upper and lower eyelids has disappeared except with the Blink slider. After messing around with this a bit, I confirmed a few things.

1. When I delete the entire installation and start fresh, with only Daz Studio and essentials, the eyelid sliders are present.
  2. When I load up a model I had made and saved, Daz Studio prompts me to install various assets linked to the model. I install those.
  3. After installation, I click on the G8M character's head, and the eyelid sliders are gone.
  4. I've already confirmed in my preferences that Show Hidden Properties is selected.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,169
    edited February 14
    How are you installing content? DAZ Install Manager (DIM) or from inside Daz Studio (Daz Connect)? If you are mixing those two installation methods, you may be causing problems.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Exclusively from within Daz Studio. As I've been testing this, I've literally started with a blank slate, opened Daz Studio, opened the file for the figure, and from the prompt install all the assets it says are required.
  • Have you checked the log fiel for errors related to those properties (there will probably be a lot of wanrings, most of which are harmless, relating to things you don't have isntalled but which the things you do have installed can connect to). Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Starter Essentials, in case something else is overwriting one of its files?

I thought it was supposed to be a feature of Daz Connect, that one product didn't overwrite the files of another.

• barbult said:

I thought it was supposed to be a feature of Daz Connect, that one product didn't overwrite the files of another.

Oops, yes - though if theer are two copies of the file (one each in two distinct products) it would be a matter of which was loaded (though reinstalling the Starter Essentials probably wouldn't help, so that was a daft suggestion of mine)

@croll maybe you could try installing only one of the missing required products at a time and check for the eyelid controls after each one. The products that you don't install won't work, of course, but maybe using this testing technique will let you figure out which product is causing the problem.