(Coming Soon) PoliceArtist submitted to DAZ, see preview (Commercial)

info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 881
edited February 15 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Explore 3 new tools that will assist you to improve work with non-HeadShop photo-to-3D applications. During the 17 years of development of HeadShop we added some unique capabilities to HeadShop that we feel can benefit other applications as well. Try any of these tools to see if they work for you.

PoliceArtist for Genesis 9 is a library of 120 shapes (noses, chins, creases, etc) that can be loaded via DAZ Studio’s MorphLoader to add topographic details to any figure. It can also used in conjunction either with FaceTransfer2 or any other Genesis 9 figure for realistic shaping of features. PoliceArtist works like a police artist, choosing from a library of different shapes to get to the right end results.
PoliceArtist also comes with an on-screen guide that helps to select the right features.

Watch How-to video here: https://youtu.be/GNkhoWQ1PHI

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on

Comments

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 143

This looks excellent.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,249
    edited February 18

suggestion: why dont you load all the morphs, then save them as properly labelled morph assets instead of making customers do that tedious task? 

Work smarter not harder...?

(And making sure they are ERC linked to adjusted rigging of course)

Post edited by lilweep on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited February 19

lilweep said:

suggestion: why dont you load all the morphs, then save them as properly labelled morph assets instead of making customers do that tedious task? 

I think your suggestion is a requirement. Why should each user have to do all this when the PA could do it once! It is unrealistic to expect a casual user to even know how to use Morph Loader Pro, Adjust Rigging to Shape, and ERC Freeze, especially with Genesis 9 and its separate eye mesh. I didn't even see ERC Freeze mentioned. I also didn't see any eye movement demonstrated or any poses applied. I could have missed it as I skimmed through the video. I hope customers understand that what they are purchasing is NOT a ready to use morph package.

Post edited by barbult on
  • RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 143

Any word on release date?

• barbult said:

lilweep said:

I think your suggestion is a requirement. Why should each user have to do all this when the PA could do it once! It is unrealistic to expect a casual user to even know how to use Morph Loader Pro, Adjust Rigging to Shape, and ERC Freeze, especially with Genesis 9 and its separate eye mesh. I didn't even see ERC Freeze mentioned. I also didn't see any eye movement demonstrated or any poses applied. I could have missed it as I skimmed through the video. I hope customers understand that what they are purchasing is NOT a ready to use morph package.

As and end user, if this was not explicitly called out, and I bought it, I would be upset and return it. The others are also correct, as a general user, I wouldn't know how to do all this, nor would I have the time. Additionally, can this we used as a merchant resource, so a character creator could use bits and pieces to create a custom character?