error I haven't seen before

I switched to my other desktop I haven't used in a couple months, I was waiting for a RTX 3090 to show up
I started getting an error: writeAuth: Couldn't open Configuration File for writing

I wasn't getting that error before when there was a RTX 3080 installed.
I see that my OneDrive is blocked, Could that be the problem.
I have all the Win 11 updates, and uninstalled DAZ Studio 4.22 (Win 64) and reinstalled.
When reading the log.txt I saw that none of my Plug-ins were licensed. The first reboot and the Plug-ins were still not licensed. Licensed them again, restarted DAZ and this time the Licenses stayed.
But I am still getting the same error.

For some reason I am unable to attach my two 

DAZ Write error.jpg
660 x 504 - 102K
docx
docx
Account-txt.docx
0B
docx
docx
Log-txt.docx

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603
    edited February 16

Oh that. I get that on my Mac every time. It's from either a plugin or a script that has a hardcoded config path. I did figure out what it was a while back but I have forgotten now. I will see if I can remember.

EDIT: It's LAMH (Look at my hair) I believe.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,011
    edited February 16

It isn't hard-coded, I think, but it is using a call that gets a different path - one that I am not sure can be overridden through the UI.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

It seems to require a "DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM" path inside your Documents folder (even if you do not have any base paths under the Documents folder) and doesn't like it if you delete that (or OneDrive messes with it).  If there is a way to point that to another base path that would be cool to know.

If you want to get rid of the error you can probably recreate that path and/or reinstall the LAMH product.