Animal Variety

This feels like a bit of a stretch, but it feels like for many animal figures/models in the DAZ Studio catalog are either old, incompatable with recent versions of DAZ Studio, or absent altogether.

I was looking for a capybara model, and I found the various rodent models were lacking or still in development. And I tried tweaking the following figures, but none looked like what I wanted...
Caesar the Hare for Daz Dog 8 | Daz 3D
Hamster for Daz Rodent | Daz 3D
Rodents by AM: Crested Porcupine | Daz 3D

As far as what I want to see added to the catalog, it's a bit tricky as it's a long list, as I know the vareity of birds and fish are limited.
So, I guess I'd post these as some potential inclusions or updated versions to the catalog:

• Capybara
  • Sloth
  • Lemur
  • Galago
  • Giraffe
  • Goat
  • Piranha
  • Rhinoceros
  • Emu
  • Chinchilla
  • Badger
  • Prairie Dog/Groundhog
  • Octopus

I'm trying to limit myself here, but I hope these suggestions could improve the catalog or make some figures available to newer updates.

Comments

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,430

I agree 100%!  Animals are my favorite thing to render, and I feel like we are really limited in our selections.  The ones we do have are great, and would make a good starting point for others.  You could make a lot of animals by morphing either the Dog 8, Horse 3 or Rodent.

BTW, Renderosity has a good selection of birds, if you need those.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,114

I would love to have a decent giraffe and rhino. And an updated African elephant. And a black bear. Also a plain old, non-toon, cottontail rabbit. 

• Fae3D said:

I agree 100%!  Animals are my favorite thing to render, and I feel like we are really limited in our selections.  The ones we do have are great, and would make a good starting point for others.  You could make a lot of animals by morphing either the Dog 8, Horse 3 or Rodent.

BTW, Renderosity has a good selection of birds, if you need those.

I am familiar with the Ken Gilliland bird catalog in Renderosity, which is why a lot of what I included on my preliminary list aren't birds. Though I've seen some recent additions of an eagle, falcon, and owl figure in the main DAZ catalog. Gilliland doesn't have an emu though.