Trouble with Skinvent G9 Head materials

I recently purchased the Skinvent G9 Merchant Resource and loaded it onto my custom character. I then edited the material files in photoshop, and saved them out to the appropriate runtime folder for my custom character. Then, I went into daz which had the original Skinvent full mat applied and retextured/remapped each zone (head, arms, torso, legs, eyes, mouth, nails) to the appropriate runtime folder with the edited skin mat files. I then created a material preset saved it to the appropriate folder for my custom character. Everything works fine on the machine I created it on, however, testing the file out on a separate machine that doesnt have the orignial Skinvent Merchant Resource file installed I get this message when I apply the Material Preset:

File Not Found: /Runtime/Textures/ES3D/SkinventG9/SkinventG9_Head_D_1001.jpg

It then continues on to load the Material Preset, and it appears to render fine with no problems all the mats appear to be there. However, I cannot find why I am getting this error message. 

I have checked and rechecked the surfaces for the head and the only files I see that need to be mapped are the Base color and the Translucency Color. 

Is there another zone or surface that is using a the Skinvent Head D 1001 that I am unaware of? Its referencing something that I cannot find.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,721

Is the runtime folder for your custom character included in DS Content Library?

• felis said:

Is the runtime folder for your custom character included in DS Content Library?

Yes, it is. I built the custom file on my desktop, and then mapped it to my content library as I usually do when making a custom character. All the texture files are in the runtime folder of the custom character. Furthermore, after editing all the texture skinvent files in Photoshop, I renamed them so as not to confuse them with the original skinvent texture files that is installed in Smart Content. So the "missing file error" I'm getting is referencing an instance from the original Skinvent files installed in my Smart Content. So, when I apply the material preset, I get the missing file warning pointing back to the original skinvent file located in a runtime folder in my Smart Content, I disregard the warning, and everything appears fine. It's like I missed replacing a head map somewhere in the surfaces tab, but I don't see any area that I missed.
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,721

You can try open the duf file and search for the erronous textures, and see where they are referenced.

You can read duf files in a text-editor. Must first unpack it if it is compressed.

• felis said:

You can try open the duf file and search for the erronous textures, and see where they are referenced.

You can read duf files in a text-editor. Must first unpack it if it is compressed.

This was very helpful. I located the two files under "Mouth Cavity" which had not been remapped. I did not know that this was a separate map from the head, as this was my first custom G9 character. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!