Looking for some nightclub/DJ equipment stuff

Magic Dragon 3DMagic Dragon 3D Posts: 98
edited February 19 in Product Suggestions

Hey guys! I'm building a nightclub scene in Daz3D and would like some good asset recommendations for Daz, such as DJ equipment that includes CDJs (CDJ-2000/CDJ-3000) or DJ controllers like DDJs, headphones, laptops, cables, mixers, turntables and anything related to DJing and partying. I tried looking for some assets like this on Daz3D Shop and third parties but I didn't find anything that met my needs! Could anyone tell me a store that would sell these types of assets, please?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio application topic.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,610

Do they need to be massively detailed/acurate? I don't really know much about the specifics of DJ equipment but there are some in a few of the Nightclub products. e.g. FG Nightclub & The Brass Pole Nightclub.

• Do they need to be massively detailed/acurate? I don't really know much about the specifics of DJ equipment but there are some in a few of the Nightclub products. e.g. FG Nightclub & The Brass Pole Nightclub.

Yes, preferably, because I want to place some characters as DJs in a club, and I'm going to make some renders of them performing on CDJs. I found some CDJ-3000 models with mixers already included for download (some paid), but I don't know if it would be worth importing them directly into Daz as OBJ, since I would need to adapt these models and textures so that they work correctly inside Daz. Here's the CDJ models that I found: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/pioneer-cdj-3000-7a33aaa799044e0db082f3b2b038c328 https://www.turbosquid.com/pt_br/3d-models/3d-pioneer-dj-set-3-djm0750-mk2-and-cdj-3000-nexus-model-1870539
  • Freebie turntable: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/63183/turntable

Headphone freebie search: https://www.renderosity.com/search/freestuff?keyword=headphones

Free mixing desks: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/63201/stereo-mixer  Old: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/56818/and-action-10-movie-set-props

With conversion to Iray may well look modern enough, worth at least what you pay..

Regards,

Richard

• Freebie turntable: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/63183/turntable

Headphone freebie search: https://www.renderosity.com/search/freestuff?keyword=headphones

Free mixing desks: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/63201/stereo-mixer  Old: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/56818/and-action-10-movie-set-props

With conversion to Iray may well look modern enough, worth at least what you pay..

Regards,

Richard

Thanks for the recommendations! Now I need to look for a tutorial that teaches how to import external 3D assets (FBX and OBJ, for example) into Daz, as well as how to apply Iray to them because I've never done anything like this before and I have no idea where to start hahaha. In fact, these 3D models of CDJs that I mentioned previously would work into Daz, right?
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,711

luan.yang said:

Thanks for the recommendations! Now I need to look for a tutorial that teaches how to import external 3D assets (FBX and OBJ, for example) into Daz, as well as how to apply Iray to them because I've never done anything like this before and I have no idea where to start hahaha. In fact, these 3D models of CDJs that I mentioned previously would work into Daz, right?

The model list obj as format. DS can read objs.

It also lists fbx, and DS has an FBX importer, but FBX might have comptability issues, so unless good reason for FBX, I would stick to obj.

Inside DS you would have to redo the texturing, i.e. adding textures to the different slots in the surface settings, as well as adjust other settings.

If the buttons shall work they need to be rigged; FBX include rigging information, while obj not (required that the creater rigged it). So best guess is that you have to rig it (if you need the buttons to move) 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,260

A little long in the tooth: DJ-Equipments (3DL), or maybe Power Mix (Iray)

• felis said:

luan.yang said:

The model list obj as format. DS can read objs.

It also lists fbx, and DS has an FBX importer, but FBX might have comptability issues, so unless good reason for FBX, I would stick to obj.

Inside DS you would have to redo the texturing, i.e. adding textures to the different slots in the surface settings, as well as adjust other settings.

If the buttons shall work they need to be rigged; FBX include rigging information, while obj not (required that the creater rigged it). So best guess is that you have to rig it (if you need the buttons to move) 

Wow, thanks for the explanation! I'll take a look for a tutorial on YouTube on how to import OBJ models and textures correctly into Daz. Do these external 3D models work well with Iray? Anything I need to know first?

• External obj models can be made to work in Iray. When I make my freebie models, they always start as obj files. I've recently made a model of a huge span bridge. This is how it imported as an obj:

And when finished texturing it etc, I made an image from beside one of the piers, it looked as below:

So with shaders, textures and a bit of playing about with settings (ie fun) you can make most obj files work in DS.

Regards,

Richard

• richardandtracy said:

External obj models can be made to work in Iray. When I make my freebie models, they always start as obj files. I've recently made a model of a huge span bridge. This is how it imported as an obj:

And when finished texturing it etc, I made an image from beside one of the piers, it looked as below:

So with shaders, textures and a bit of playing about with settings (ie fun) you can make most obj files work in DS.

Regards,

Richard

Interesting! How complex is it to make an OBJ model behave like this bridge you imported into Daz? Is it very difficult or does it depend on the complexity of the 3D OBJ model itself?

• NorthOf45 said:

A little long in the tooth: DJ-Equipments (3DL), or maybe Power Mix (Iray)

Thank you friend! These 3D models of turntables and controllers are something that comes very close to what I need! I'll try to dig deeper into the Daz Store or another third party store to see if I can find a more realistic model of a CDJ-2000 or 3000, as well as a Pioneer mixer model DJM-A9 or DJM-900.

• luan.yang said:

richardandtracy said:

External obj models can be made to work in Iray. When I make my freebie models, they always start as obj files. I've recently made a model of a huge span bridge. This is how it imported as an obj:

<>

<>

Regards,

Richard

Interesting! How complex is it to make an OBJ model behave like this bridge you imported into Daz? Is it very difficult or does it depend on the complexity of the 3D OBJ model itself?

Making a model like that one took a while. I modelled it in my CAD software (SolidWorks 2014), then because it has no compatible file formats with DS I exported the model as an STL. I have written an STL to OBJ file translator. I then opened it in another modeller I wrote, applied surface groups and texture mapping then saved as an obj and imported to DS where I applied the textures. This is a complex way. Hexagon & Blender (both free) can create the tex mapped OBJ model straight away - I just can't get on with either modeller. I have bought Carrara to model in, but haven't had it to play with for long yet. Once the OBJ file is in DS, it's a matter of applying an Iray shader like the DAZ Uber shader to all surfaces and then applying appropriate textures and surface properties in the right boxes. It can be a slog at times, but other times can be fun. I particularly enjoyed making the fountain pens below (being a fountain pen nut too):

Regards

Richard

• Magic Dragon 3DMagic Dragon 3D Posts: 98
    edited February 19

richardandtracy said:

luan.yang said:

richardandtracy said:

<>

<>

Regards,

Richard

Making a model like that one took a while. I modelled it in my CAD software (SolidWorks 2014), then because it has no compatible file formats with DS I exported the model as an STL. I have written an STL to OBJ file translator. I then opened it in another modeller I wrote, applied surface groups and texture mapping then saved as an obj and imported to DS where I applied the textures. This is a complex way. Hexagon & Blender (both free) can create the tex mapped OBJ model straight away - I just can't get on with either modeller. I have bought Carrara to model in, but haven't had it to play with for long yet. Once the OBJ file is in DS, it's a matter of applying an Iray shader like the DAZ Uber shader to all surfaces and then applying appropriate textures and surface properties in the right boxes. It can be a slog at times, but other times can be fun. I particularly enjoyed making the fountain pens below (being a fountain pen nut too):

Regards

Richard

It's definitely something that goes beyond my knowledge of rendering and 3D modeling hahaha... Well, in this case I already have a 3D model in FBX format from Sketchfab that I found of two CDJ-3000s with a DJM-900 Nexus 2 mixer included. When I import this 3D model along with the textures into Daz, what steps would I need to take to make this FBX work perfectly in terms of rendering (Iray), shadows and quality? https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/pioneer-cdj-3000-7a33aaa799044e0db082f3b2b038c328

Post edited by Magic Dragon 3D on