[SOLVED]crosswind: how to save a pose preset involving two items??

artxtapartxtap Posts: 147

what I am trying to do would involve two poses, 1 door and  1 ‘actor’.
What I would like to happen is you load a room [door!] you load the actor.
You select the actor in the scene tab.
You select the pose you saved[the thing we are trying to figure out]
the actor goes from where it is to the door and the door is opened to the angle it was saved.
I have tried
poses preset,
scene subset,
wearable(s) preset
support asset>figure/prop assets.

In some cases the room was saved, not what is wanted!
Nothing should be saved: door or actor etc.
when you select the actor and press the saved pose:
The items[actor, door should] in the scene should just return to their poses with the actor moving to the door as needed [parented] and the door opened so the actor is holding it…..is this making sense??

Post edited by artxtap on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,260

Have you tried a Hierachical Pose Preset? Parent the figure to the room. When saving, select only the parts you want to pose, i.e., the figure and the door, and deselect anything else that is not involved in the pose. For a Hierarchical pose to work, one must be parented to the other.

• artxtapartxtap Posts: 147

i will see if it can be done as i want it done, thanks

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Yea, an H.Pose Preset should be the way that you want to go for. You either can parent the figure / the room from one another...,  or Group the figure and the Room (or just the Door if it's a single Prop) together, then select the Group to save an H.Pose Preset...

nope.
    Hierachical Pose Preset is not the way to go:
    Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found.

Error loading asset: 'the save preset_hierarchical_pose'
    grouping also does not work.

tried actor parented to door knob. tried door knob parented to actor.

remember two thing have to happen when a genessis actor in selected [and the pose is clicked] it has to move to the door, 'grab' the door knob AND the door has to swing open the right angle.
    but that must happen with what is there on the 'set'. i tried so many combinations, that in same cases new actors and or doors were added, instead of using the item there on the 'set'.

edited February 24

The error message means that the Node Name of the selected Node when applying H.Poser Preset is not as same as the one when you Saved the H.Pose Preset file... You need to make sure they're the same.

For example, when you Save an H.Pose Preset with a selected Group node, the Group's Node Name is: "Group"  ( check it from the menu: Edit - Object - Scene Identification). Then when you apply the H.Pose Preset to another Group (to which the figure / door are parented), that Group has to have the same Node Name of "Group"... This mechanism works on each type of  "hierarchical objects" for saving / applying H.Pose Presets.

SNAG-2024-2-24-0003.png
    631 x 520 - 47K
    Post edited by crosswind on
    edited February 24

I have not tried / checked what you wrote yet but think about this – now this an example[ a far out example]:

take www.daz3d.com/a-cottage-in-the-country

let us say I made a pose of a genesis [whatever #] opening that cottage door.

If I was to give that pose to you, from what you said about how h.pose preset works you could not use it because your www.daz3d.com/a-cottage-in-the-country would not have any such group.

could be i am mis-reading you, will re-read and try. thanks

tried it. I was right(it does not work), you would need to recreate the group [with the actor and door], and it tore the door off, and did not ask if I want to turn off limits (for my actor).

So bad things:

1 you would need to recreate the same group

2 the actor does not go to where the door would be, (he does move[maybe to the original position where he was saved?]

3 because he does not go to the door he rips it off,

and

4 he is not in the correct pose because the system did not ask if limits should be turned off

I really don't know what the problem is on your side... but I recorded a short video to show 2 ways of Saving/Applying H.Pose Preset. 1) by using a Group; 2) by Parenting Genesis figure to the Prop... -  https://mega.nz/file/CaRSUZgS#SbCnd5pxPZ4GEfHtv5SB1a7c-7IPaKPZKbuNW50e6es

There're a few ways to make a "hierachical structure" before saving an H.Pose Preset and using which way depends on your case and preferences... but they should always work.

As for "no checking Limits" with H.Pose preset, it's a "well-known bug" (or a "feature"...) . If you DO need such a checking, do not use H.Pose Preset, just save 2 Pose Presets...

edited February 24

uuumm......if you still have those poses try this: start a new scene load your building, load your actor, select your actor and hit the poses; the poses will fail because the group is not there. the 'parented' is not there. which is what would happen to me or anyone you gave those poses to. ALWAYS START A NEW SCENE after you create the poses to see the true outcome in the wild. but thanks,.............i think the answer is: no there is no way to do it.

people will just have to READ some instructions and move the actor(s) and door(s) into position.

edited February 24

Well, if one buys and uses a product in which there are H.Pose Presets, he / she has to Parent or Group the objects and/or figures as per the instructions from the vender. Such a prerequisite step is not avoidable....

If one wants to automate these steps... writing a Daz Script can be an alternative...

Post edited by crosswind on